No announcement yet.

Dirty Bird Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man GL you can be someplace else drinking a beer, that's the bomb...

me and the dog just had more bird and it's stellar so I got lucky with this last one very juicy and lots of flavor...

So you start high temp then taper for the duration also, first time I did it and it makes sense...

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post

I seriously could see this catching on - people are always trying to come up with new ways to cook a turkey,,,

and it just sounds catchy too "Have you ever tried a seared turkey?"
      No, but I been using this technique for so-called Cornish game hens (Tyson's are actually just small chickens) -- thirty minutes at 425°F then forty-five minutes at 350°F, with a halved lemon inserted into the cavity. Thanks for reminding me -- Christmas dinner lacked a turkey this year so a chicken for Boxing Day will hit the spot.
      Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post

BF --- "A few hundred" ? Im guessing doing something nice for the less fortunate? that's allot of birds...
        Yes we gave away and delivered around 300 turkeys every year. It was part of a VFW thing we did for every major holiday.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Working...
        X