Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More quality tools from our hard working friends in Pakistan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brick trowels?! Relevance?? A brick trowel is awfully far down the list of tools I'd consider needing to be very strong. A butter knife or putty knife might work as a substitute in a pinch. A ¾" drive socket bar on the other hand would likely need to withstand many hundreds of foot pounds of torque.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain K View Post
      Bodger
      No, I wasn't refering to yours specifically.
      OK, but I do admit it is near the bounds of the principles of this site. Nonetheless if you look at the topic I posted you may find some interest there even if only the nature of the forests which cover much of NZ.

Comment

The axe is actually pretty nice, wait for the last part to see that. (they DO skip a bunch of the process)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5alhwvpES_E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2CJM8xhOQk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h03LBLOj90I
        Last edited by J Tiers; 01-03-2022, 12:19 AM.
        CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Crikey, 3 pages of useless arguments about heat treatment and survivability in industrial environment and nobody bothered to think of the obvious point

Whos delusional enough to think that these are meant for lifetime use in an industrial environment?

Jesus guys, theyre cheap wrenches, odds are theyre going to live most of their lives in the boot of someones car next to the useless scissor jack. They dont need to be heat treated, and for the few dollars a pop theyre going to be sold for they arent going to be. Who cares

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post

Can you imagine the look on the guys face if you gave him the simple things I just described? it would change his life!!!
            Perhaps some here should do exactly that.
            Last edited by NiftyNev; 01-03-2022, 02:42 AM.
            Nev.

Comment

Originally posted by eKretz View Post
              Brick trowels?! Relevance?? A brick trowel is awfully far down the list of tools I'd consider needing to be very strong. A butter knife or putty knife might work as a substitute in a pinch. A ¾" drive socket bar on the other hand would likely need to withstand many hundreds of foot pounds of torque.
              If you don't think a brick trowel needs to be strong, whatever else you are, you are obviously not a bricklayer.

'It may not always be the best policy to do what is best technically, but those responsible for policy can never form a right judgement without knowledge of what is right technically' - 'Dutch' Kindelberger

Comment

Pepos just are not getting it. No problem. i guess. JR

Pakistan is in fact a Nuclear Nation people. Get yer chit right. jr

Comment

USA wrenches, 24 inches, 3/4 inch drive for the ratchet. All usa made. You wont see them again,

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220103_001953.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	3.90 MB
ID:	1978433

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post
                    USA wrenches, 24 inches, 3/4 inch drive for the ratchet. All usa made. You wont see them again,

Views:	141
ID:	1978433

Views:	135
ID:	1978435 They said two feet. I guess 24 inches is two feet. Dont do that. JR

Comment

Where's the cushion from?

Nev.

Comment

No, you guys are good. Inn my opin.. Dump truck. JR

Comment

Its called a wo inch wrench

Name:	20220103_015455 (1).jpg
Views:	133
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	1978440

Comment

Sadly, most Craftsman tools are no longer forged in USA. Mine were, they have the "=V=" marking. From the 60's. They say "Forged in USA"
                            At work they have a set of J.H. Williams up to 2-1/2". I have a craftsman 3/4 drive socket set up to that size, made in the 1980's. Still going strong. made in USA. Cost me a weeks pay back then.
                            25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220103_001953.jpg Views:	19 Size:	3.90 MB ID:	1978433
                              But thats a 600mm wrench. Can't be USA made, surely? It won't fit any of your inch sized fasteners.
                              Last edited by Richard P Wilson; 01-03-2022, 06:53 AM.
                              'It may not always be the best policy to do what is best technically, but those responsible for policy can never form a right judgement without knowledge of what is right technically' - 'Dutch' Kindelberger

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P Wilson View Post

But thats a 600mm wrench. Can't be USA made, surely? It won't fit any of your inch sized fasteners.
                                Good eye lol we really do have "metric adustables" over here,,, that's actually an old mechanics joke when working on a foreign car, "hey Jim, hand me that metric adjustable would you"... "uuhhh - wen't through your entire box - all's you have is inch size" ------- "Hey buddy im just curious - you ever taken an IQ test???"

Comment

Working...
                                X