Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More quality tools from our hard working friends in Pakistan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J Tiers
    replied
    Originally posted by wmgeorge View Post
    No Child labor? Did you watch the video, missed one 8 year old sitting in the corner fishing wrenches out of the sand pile or the kids dipping parts in chemicals without gloves? Sure they furnished some with rubber gloves to make it look good for the video.
    Dunno how old, but 8 is a good guess for the one working to dry off wrenches in the sand (or whatever he was doing).. Maybe younger, he did not look very concentrated on the task.

The child labor is how I decided that those are more likely 3/8" and not 3/4" wrenches.... how many kids can grab a half dozen 3/4" bars in their hand? Not too many

Leave a comment:

• wmgeorge
    replied
    No Child labor? Did you watch the video, missed one 8 year old sitting in the corner fishing wrenches out of the sand pile or the kids dipping parts in chemicals without gloves? Sure they furnished some with rubber gloves to make it look good for the video.

Leave a comment:

• A.K. Boomer
    replied
    Originally posted by epicfail48 View Post
    ...yeah, I wasnt agreeing with you boomer, if anything I think you started a completely pointless fight
    Oh my bad --- I guess I mistook "their cheap wrenches they don't need to be heat treated" the wrong way lol

thats ok - plenty of others sacking up...

It's never a pointless fight if your teaching others what the truth is...

Leave a comment:

• epicfail48
    replied
    ...yeah, I wasnt agreeing with you boomer, if anything I think you started a completely pointless fight

Leave a comment:

• A.K. Boomer
    replied
    Crikey, 3 pages of useless arguments about heat treatment and survivability in industrial environment and nobody bothered to think of the obvious point

Whos delusional enough to think that these are meant for lifetime use in an industrial environment?

Jesus guys, theyre cheap wrenches, odds are theyre going to live most of their lives in the boot of someones car next to the useless scissor jack. They dont need to be heat treated, and for the few dollars a pop theyre going to be sold for they arent going to be. Who cares
    Exactly --- again what do you want for the money?, but good verification from you that it's not heat treated, the trouble started when it was important to some - who knows maybe they do plan on putting a cheater bar to everything so they just don't won't buy it if it's soft, their observation was correct - but then someone chimed in saying they had no way of telling...

so that's where the whole thing derailed - this is a forum that deals with processes with metals including hardening and strength --- and to see a 3/4" bar bending a direct 90 degree angle immediately tells you that the material is not hardened,

take any of JR's wrenches or breaker bars and try that and they will never get past 30 or 45 degree's without snapping - I know this because iv been in the biz for about 4.5 decades and have had to bend and make my own custom wrenches many times - and even the dirt cheap ones will not do it without heat, you have to heat them red and bend, if you don't you will simply break the wrench --- when I say dirt cheap i mean HF pittsburgh but they are still heat treated chrome vanadium....

Like so many things people get caught up on technicalities --- so all's it's really about is setting the record straight so we can then move on and talk about the rubber gloves and what kind they were or if the kid was skipping school that day to work....

it's just good that everyone now agree's so we can move on...

Leave a comment:

• J Tiers
    replied
    Crikey, 3 pages of useless arguments about heat treatment and survivability in industrial environment and nobody bothered to think of the obvious point

Whos delusional enough to think that these are meant for lifetime use in an industrial environment?

Jesus guys, theyre cheap wrenches, odds are theyre going to live most of their lives in the boot of someones car next to the useless scissor jack. They dont need to be heat treated, and for the few dollars a pop theyre going to be sold for they arent going to be. ....................
    Very good. Exactly the point. At least ONE person "gets it".

Not to mention that a 3/8" wrench with a pretty short handle is not going to get much force applied. No little kid like those is going to grab a handful of 6 or so 3/4" drive wrenches, so they aren't that..

It's a DOUBLE_ENDED wrench..... that already screams "consumer use" because no mechanic wants a square on the handle end of the wrench, he wants a nice smooth handle. Anyone who actually USES socket wrenches would instantly see that.

Leave a comment:

• vectorwarbirds
    replied
    Geeze can't you guys just enjoy a video of a bunch of hard working men using old tools making a living creating a useful tool in their country? Maybe youze need a hobby?

Leave a comment:

• A.K. Boomer
    replied
    Originally posted by Richard P Wilson View Post

But thats a 600mm wrench. Can't be USA made, surely? It won't fit any of your inch sized fasteners.
    Good eye lol we really do have "metric adustables" over here,,, that's actually an old mechanics joke when working on a foreign car, "hey Jim, hand me that metric adjustable would you"... "uuhhh - wen't through your entire box - all's you have is inch size" ------- "Hey buddy im just curious - you ever taken an IQ test???"

Leave a comment:

• Richard P Wilson
    replied
    Originally posted by JRouche View Post
    USA wrenches, 24 inches, 3/4 inch drive for the ratchet. All usa made. You wont see them again,

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220103_001953.jpg Views:	19 Size:	3.90 MB ID:	1978433
    But thats a 600mm wrench. Can't be USA made, surely? It won't fit any of your inch sized fasteners.
    Last edited by Richard P Wilson; 01-03-2022, 06:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nickel-city-fab
    replied
    USA wrenches, 24 inches, 3/4 inch drive for the ratchet. All usa made. You wont see them again,
    Sadly, most Craftsman tools are no longer forged in USA. Mine were, they have the "=V=" marking. From the 60's. They say "Forged in USA"
    At work they have a set of J.H. Williams up to 2-1/2". I have a craftsman 3/4 drive socket set up to that size, made in the 1980's. Still going strong. made in USA. Cost me a weeks pay back then.

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied
    Its called a wo inch wrench

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220103_015455 (1).jpg
Views:	136
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	1978440

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied
    No, you guys are good. Inn my opin.. Dump truck. JR

Leave a comment:

• NiftyNev
    replied
    Where's the cushion from?

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied

Name:	20220103_001953.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	3.90 MB
ID:	1978433

Views:	138
ID:	1978435 They said two feet. I guess 24 inches is two feet. Dont do that. JR

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied

Views:	147
ID:	1978433

Leave a comment:

Working...
X