New LED Machine Light shilling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New LED Machine Light shilling?

I needed some more light for the blind and I saw one on Mr. P kinda like these but for 60 some clams so went on the cheap hunt as I am a cheap donkey. These are 7W (his is 9) so not super bright but to me those others are just too bright. First pic is how they come and second is modified with magnet removed (unscrews) and that plastic tubing removed. Welded a bolt to the end instead. Magnet is not useful for anything other than flat steel surface, so not that strong. Nice sealed switch on lamp and 120v direct. I count 30 LEDs and the lens cover unscrews so easy access to the switch and wiring to modify. Company is in Calif and was here in AZ in four days. Overall I am happy with the two and will get a few more. Honestly I am not shilling, I swear man, would I lie? At 12 bucks how could I not buy them?

https://www.toolots.com/pinyuan-ac11...8aAiM2EALw_wcB

Cheers,
    The Shiller

Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT6582.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	544.6 KB
ID:	1978511
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT6585.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	540.2 KB
ID:	1978512

In a similar situation, I ordered one of these. The magnet is quite powerful, the light is bright but not overpowering, the goosneck is stiff enough to keep its position on a vibrating machine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133476837118

It's all mind over matter.
    If you don't mind, it don't matter.

Comment

I have one of those sewing machine lamps, it is very handy on my mill. Powerful magnet, not super bright, but great for close up work. Amazon carries them as well.

Comment

Since I already had fixtures all over the place in the shop, I've been using these spotlights in them. fantastic light, 10 for $33. Put in a Luxo lamp mounted behind the lathe gives you light exactly where you want it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	LED spotlite.png Views:	41 Size:	178.7 KB ID:	1978721
        Last edited by gellfex; 01-04-2022, 05:08 PM.

Comment

I think it's worth mentioning that you should deal with Toolots at your own risk. It's such a "pleasure" to deal with a company that doesn't pick up phones, doesn't reply to your inquiries (or each reply comes late and is from someone who is completely irresponsible or plain dumb: or maybe it's the same person with multiple names). A company that will ship your order only after you remind them about it in a few weeks (and no "excuse us", of course). A company that requires involvement of Paypal to issue a long promised refund for a canceled/non-shipped order.

But if you're brave, at least, make sure your light, if it's not 120V, includes a transformer. ;(
          Last edited by MichaelP; 01-15-2022, 07:38 PM.
          Mike
          WI/IL border, USA

Comment

I bought one of those on the web and tried using it on my mill. After a few uses with the adjustment of the head on the goose-neck, the head came off and was dangling by the wires.

After that experience I shopped at the local WalMart and got the two goose-necks I presently use which have held up much better.

Of course, YMMV!

Originally posted by MrWhoopee View Post
            In a similar situation, I ordered one of these. The magnet is quite powerful, the light is bright but not overpowering, the goosneck is stiff enough to keep its position on a vibrating machine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133476837118

Paul A.
            SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
            You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP View Post

I think it's worth mentioning that you should deal with Toolots at your own risk. It's such a "pleasure" to deal with a company that doesn't pick up phones, doesn't reply to your inquiries (or each reply comes late and is from someone who is completely irresponsible or plain dumb: or maybe it's the same person with multiple names). A company that will ship your order only after you remind them about it in a few weeks (and no "excuse us", of course). A company that requires involvement of Paypal to issue a long promised refund for a canceled/non-shipped order.

But if you're brave, at least, make sure your light, if it's not 120V, includes a transformer. ;(
              Well the two I got are 120v, I don't like the transformer types. So far no problems with them, but give them time But to your point I think these days in the USA we deal pretty much with any company at our own risk. I have had plenty of problems with so called 'good' companies. I just ranted the other day to my guys that now it's pretty much a problem a day and that I have to just expect one on top of all the other things there are to do. How about a old line feed company telling us 'It's not our problem' when we returned 40 dollar bags of premium horse feed that was wet? (Purchased that same day by the way.) It's typical now I am very sorry to say. It's all about the greed and me me me now. It's every man for himself I am afraid. Rant over.

Comment

This is what I use on my mill (2 of them). They are very bright and sturdy. https://www.amazon.com/QUANS-Clamp-G...dctrvw_dp&th=1

One word of caution to all users of LED lamps with goosenecks. Some of the lamps have a power supply at the bulb, so 120V wires are going inside a metal gooseneck. Make sure you ground these lamps, otherwise you can get yourself into trouble. The lamp in my link is an electric shock hazard, but it is very good from all other points of view. UL would never certify it, but grounding issue can be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by vectorwarbirds View Post
                  It's typical now I am very sorry to say. It's all about the greed and me me me now. It's every man for himself I am afraid. Rant over.
                  I hear you.

Mike
                  WI/IL border, USA

Comment

Working...
                  X