Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superbowl View Post
    [snip]
    It does not spread through the air but through tiny droplets of spittle that fall the the floor in a short distance and quickly become inert.
    No no no .... NO! That was the belief early on, but it was quickly (?) realized that COVID is airborne.

Comment

That's right every droplet has a very tiny set of wings and they fly into your mouth. Well that's a load of BS but considering what the anti-vaxers believe it might be true to some.

I would have thought that it would be cancelled or forced to be cancelled by the guv'ment considering how fast the latest strain is spreading.
      The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Did anyone go? How was the show?
        Sole proprietor of Acme Buggy Whips Ltd.
        Specialty products for beating dead horses.

Comment

I attended Saturday as an exhibitor. As expected, due to Covid-19, the show was much smaller then years past. There were quite a few open exhibitor spaces. However, given the circumstances, I would say there was a decent amount of spectators.

Both the exhibitors and spectators were a pleasure to interact with. It’s just a really great group of people that attend this show and I highly recommend it to anyone with an interest.

Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures.

-Bob

Comment

Three of us made the 3-hour round trip on Friday. Given the circumstances, there were more vendors, exhibitors, and attendees than I expected. It was worth the trip, but all three of us were ready to drive back by 1:30.

By then I'd bought and seen everything I wanted. Partly this was because I've been maybe 20 times in the past, and they don't change that much from year to year. But I usually find some things I "need," and I'll make repeated visits to some of the tables. This year, though, some of my favorite vendors weren't there, and for whatever reason I spent less than $50 on new-found treasures. Also, I've always spent a lot of time at the auction in the past, and this year I just didn't care for the new, on-line format. I walked quickly through the auction hall and left. I have no desire to go through the rigamarole of using a smart phone or computer to bid on an item right in front of me.

All things considered, though, it was a good show. George and I talked for a bit about kayaks and stripper canoes.

Kim

Comment

Originally posted by Moxiedad2001 View Post
              the

All things considered, though, it was a good show. George and I talked for a bit about kayaks and stripper canoes.

Kim
              If more people knew about the stripper canoes, attendance would have been much better
              san jose, ca. usa

Comment

We were working with half the people we planned on so Dave Brush (Live Steam editor) and I kept busy the entire show and I didn't get much of a chance to wander around. Friday was relatively busy but Saturday had far more attendees. Not quite as busy as previous shows, but not far off and far more people than I expected.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220114_200730657.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	517.1 KB
ID:	1981730
                Gary Martin, Martin Model and Pattern.

Name:	PXL_20220115_172620745.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	483.4 KB
ID:	1981731
                The view from our booth on Saturday. We were located close to the entrance.

Name:	PXL_20220114_160045026.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	497.1 KB
ID:	1981732
                This was looking in the large exhibit and vendor hall behind our booth. As you can see, some exhibitor tables in the center are bare.
                George
                Traverse City, MI

Comment

Working...
                X