Extension cord plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension cord plugs

Why can I purchase extension cords with triple female plug on one end but can't buy replacement triple female plugs?

Good question. I’ve always just used a 4 gang metal box and a cord grip when the need arises. Probably cheaper than what a plug would cost if you could find one, just not as compact.

Comment

Supply and demand - because there is so little call for them that the price would be so high no one would buy them.
      Fortunately triple adapters are cheap enough to solve the issue.

Comment

The OP wants a triple outlet replacement plug, not a single.

Click image for larger version

Name:	31520_A_v3.eps.jpg?sw=800&sh=800&sm=fit?sw=1268&sh=1992&sm=fit.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	1979168

Comment

Those are almost free at both Lowe's and Homeless Despot.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel View Post
            Supply and demand - because there is so little call for them that the price would be so high no one would buy them.
            Fortunately triple adapters are cheap enough to solve the issue.
            They are made, but like you say, expensive, $32 https://www.monotaro.sg/g/1000385006.html

My solution was to buy a three way pigtail and a piece of large diameter Marine shrink tubing and make the connection permanent.
            I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

That is a SOCKET, not a plug.

The plug is on the other end of the cord and is always just a single for safety reasons. That shock hazard is why you can not buy a double or triple plug.

Originally posted by Michael Edwards View Post
              The OP wants a triple outlet replacement plug, not a single.

Paul A.
              SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
              You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

I thought that was meant as well. But it was clearly stated to be a female plug. The correct designation for a moveable connector, AFAIK, is a plug, which can be either male or female. A fixed connector may be known as a socket or receptacle, and also can be male or female.
                http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                USA Maryland 21030

Comment

I have a retractable extension cord where I took the bad end off and wired in a power strip in it's place. Open the strip, remove the power cord and attach the extension cord. Now you have a cord with a breaker, surge protection, and a power switch.

Comment

Plugs are male.
                    Sockets are for light bulbs.
                    Receptacle outlets are for plugs.
                    Come on people.

-D
                    DZER

Comment

Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
                      I thought that was meant as well. But it was clearly stated to be a female plug. The correct designation for a moveable connector, AFAIK, is a plug, which can be either male or female. A fixed connector may be known as a socket or receptacle, and also can be male or female.
                      You are completely wrong.
                      Are you going to plug a leak in a barrel with another hole ?

-D
                      DZER

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Edwards View Post

Molded plastic receptacle outlets, be them single or multiple, are total garbage.
                        They have very little contact pressure, especially as they age.
                        I have seen many fires (smoldering plastic mostly) from these plastic molded outlets.
                        Best to have a regular wall mount type receptacle in a metal box.
                        Ask a contractor/fabricator/carpenter/plumber, anyone who uses extension cords on a daily basis.
                        Molded receptacles suck.

-Doozer
                        DZER

Comment

Paul I don't know about NOW but back in the olden days, 1950s etc, , when I was in the Electronics business, there were "Male" and "Female" PLUGS . Then there were "Male" and "Female"
                          RECEPTICALS. A plug was on the end of a cable, a receptacle was on a bulkhead or panel . Then to make life a bit more complicated there could be either "PINS" or "SOCKETS" in either male or female plugs or receptacles . So the BIG problem is folks that have no idea of the terminology required to describe an object jump to conclusions in their ignorance . Fortunately ignorance can be corrected by education.. Stupidity is permanent unfortunately . :-)
                          ...lew...

Comment

Buy one of these:https://www.hubbell.com/hubbell/en/P...xName=Products
                            and https://www.hubbell.com/wiringdevice...4PBI/p/1640142

Comment

Working...
                            X