Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFF TOPIC Before you buy any ATV .or golf cart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not surprising, idk why Polaris utv or anything are popular, they are nothing but problems and Polaris customer service sucks. For a while if you had a warranty claim on a bike they would search your social media and find a pic of you doing something they said violated the warranty, can am was doing that too.
    it’s hard to go wrong with a Japanese machine
    ive got a Honda pioneer 700 that is fi and I love it
    cold morning going to the deer stand ? Doesn’t care starts right up
    now my carbureted Yamaha rhino and 4wheelers run fine after warming up but can be fussy on that first cold start
    oh and both Honda and Yamaha cs is excellent

Comment

Thanks for the info, back in the day when I ran a motorcycle service department id say about 95% of my work was Japanese bikes and quads,,, but we would get the occasional straggler,

I do remember that Can-Am bikes actually were pretty good and quite a bit of power for the day,,, I believe I also worked on a few 4 wheel Polaris's and just remember them as being kinda bland - they ran a torque converters instead of gears, and not the same quality builds....

Sounds like the song has remained the same with them and if ever I have a friend that has one and asks me to work on it you have now made it very easy for me to just say "pass".... I don't need the aggravation....

Comment

I could never figure out why someone would pay $5-8K for a goofy go- kart when I could buy an old 4wd truck for half that...

t
        likes working on cars better.
        rusting in Seattle

Comment

Originally posted by Tobias-B View Post
          I could never figure out why someone would pay $5-8K for a goofy go- kart when I could buy an old 4wd truck for half that...

t
          likes working on cars better.
          I can drive my ATV across the lake on 8" (maybe less) of ice just fine for going ice fishing. One of my high school classmates tried that with his 4wd truck. The funeral was last week.

Comment

Can't argue with that --- sorry to hear it....

I think some ATV\s could actually float even if they did break through...

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
              Can't argue with that --- sorry to hear it....

I think some ATV\s could actually float even if they did break through...
              The old Honda big red three wheelers did for sure
              especially if you put bigger tires on them
              that was a popular thing for people hunting in south LA
              float across a small bayou
              on modern bikes no though my kids bayou 250 cones close
              they do water wheelies and such

Comment

A friend of mine who owned a Honda motorcycle was told by the dealer that he bought it from that they typically didn't work on most Honda models older than 7 yrs! The exceptions were the Goldwing and Valkyrie. Those they would work on for 10 yrs.
                I tried to order an ignition switch for a 25 yr old KZ 900 at the Kawasaki dealer and they just laughed at me. I went to a small Mom & Pop motorcycle shop and they got me the switch and all the rest of the parts I needed to it running.

Comment

Originally posted by akajun View Post
                  The old Honda big red three wheelers did for sure
                  especially if you put bigger tires on them
                  that was a popular thing for people hunting in south LA
                  float across a small bayou
                  on modern bikes no though my kids bayou 250 cones close
                  they do water wheelies and such
                  A 4wd single cab truck would have to be about the worst vehicle to bust through with - I think they may just go "ker-plunk"

a mini-van or even full size might be the best followed by allot of SUV's of course the pea shooter would fair pretty good due to it being aluminum and only weighing 1850 lbs --- maybe allow enough time to get to the back and kick out the rear window or whatever so you can at least get to the roof and launch off onto unbroken ice if your lucky....

Many years ago me and a buddy went on a whitewater kayak trip in feb. --- some parts of the river were still frozen, we played on an ice ledge paddling our boats up onto it and letting the tail stick in the water rushing underneath to get vertical, several times just messing around thinking nothing of it, then had to portage that stretch to get back into the river,,,

I got home later that day and thought about it for a second,,, for someone who took WWkayaking very seriously I sure did a foolish thing that day,,, one mishap and me and my boat would have got sucked under the ice sheet. could have flipped and then wet-exited and survived off of the air inside the boat for quite sometime and maybe made it to the other side if the river did not shallow out and i did not instantly freeze to death, had a dry top and just splash pants,,, that's right up there with a few of my other brilliant moves over the years, what a couple of dumbasses... lucky to be alive...

Comment

Working...
                  X