I will drink a Beer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon Heron View Post
    I made 11 gallons of beer yesterday! A northern English brown ale called Homers Breakfast...
    Cheers,
    Jon
    Another home brewer that makes use of good old milk crates!
    Also handy to use for bottle crates, 16 Grolsch fit exactly, but only the new bottle version, or a combo of both old and new.
    Usually 12 crates on hand at any one time.
    Someone has to drink it !

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rand View Post
      Just had one of these with the roast gammon for dinner. feeling pleasantly floaty. 🍺
      I had so much fun yesterday I made a coffee oatmeal stout today!
      Love the smell of that black malt!
      Cheers,
      Jon
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post
        I think I've improved with age. That or gotten more rotten. dunno which. It used to take about 12 beers for me to start feeling a good buzz, nowdays I feel great with zero. depression sux.
        I'm at the age where if I have 1 beer, I'm up 4 times a night just to get rid of it!

Comment

Did we get a answer from Jon H on when he is having the party?

Comment

Totally impressed Jon --- do you make any IPA's?

Comment

Originally posted by vectorwarbirds View Post
              Did we get a answer from Jon H on when he is having the party?
              Come on over friend and lets tip one! I live just North of Guelph out in the country.
              These should be ready in about 15-20 days
              Cheers,
              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
                Totally impressed Jon --- do you make any IPA's?
                I sure do! One of my favourites is my very own recipe, Black Spider IPA. It got its name when a big black spider dropped out from behind the hose bib into my kettle lol
                Cheers,
                Jon

Comment

I made 11 gallons of beer yesterday! A northern English brown ale called Homers Breakfast...
                  Cheers,
                  Jon
                  Cool. A neighbor (now moved across country) made beer and mead. Some was really good, some seemed skunky. Not sure what made the difference. He bottled it in brown bottles and kept it out of the light.

I've thought about it, but all I have made (that I will admit to) is wine. It was ..... ok..... some was basically cooking wine, some was actually drinkable, but no cave or barrels here.
                  4357 2773 5150 9120 9135 8645 1007 1190 2133 9120 5942

Keep eye on ball.
                  Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

"There's no pleasing these serpents"......Lewis Carroll

Comment

I had so much fun yesterday I made a coffee oatmeal stout today!
                    Love the smell of that black malt!
                    Cheers,
                    Jon
                    Well now, what do we have here? Maybe you do a blend - some of your own, some Monkeys ... maybe "just a touch" of the Monkeys to add that elusive flavor that you just can't zero in on? Ummm. Or the Monkeys are there cause you gots' to have something to drink while yours are aging? Yeaaahhh ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_20889.jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.7 KB ID:	1979931

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post

Well now, what do we have here? Maybe you do a blend - some of your own, some Monkeys ... maybe "just a touch" of the Monkeys to add that elusive flavor that you just can't zero in on? Ummm. Or the Monkeys are there cause you gots' to have something to drink while yours are aging? Yeaaahhh ...

Click image for larger version Name:	image_20889.jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.7 KB ID:	1979931
                      Left over christmas gift, flying monkeys "juicy ass IPA" a very good local brew! https://www.flyingmonkeys.ca/beers/juicy-ass
                      Cheers,
                      Jon

Comment

I like craft beer, but have a theory that naming a beer is half the battle.

Comment

Mmmm. I can smell those pictures Jon Heron . Good stuff. We also do an all-grain brew in a 3-container system, it's easy and it works well. 10 gallon batches we split between 3 guys. We're all keggers though (except for some of the special brews), to much effort in bottling.

My brew group currently has an attempt at Piraat fermenting: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/48/156/
                          And a keg of this is being carbonated: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/26/64228/
                          Made some of this a couple years ago: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/26/7520/

Plus many, many ipa's scraped together from whatever we have on hand.
                          Cayuga, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Never made beer, but I'm jonesing to distill. I have 3 peach trees that I'm convinced would make some awesome brandy...

Comment

Left over christmas gift, flying monkeys "juicy ass IPA" a very good local brew!
                              Jon
                              There are some good ones, but I found many do not have the hop content the name calls for, .

Comment

Originally posted by Tom S View Post
                                Mmmm. I can smell those pictures Jon Heron . Good stuff. We also do an all-grain brew in a 3-container system, it's easy and it works well. 10 gallon batches we split between 3 guys. We're all keggers though (except for some of the special brews), to much effort in bottling.

My brew group currently has an attempt at Piraat fermenting: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/48/156/
                                And a keg of this is being carbonated: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/26/64228/
                                Made some of this a couple years ago: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/26/7520/

Plus many, many ipa's scraped together from whatever we have on hand.
                                Yes kegging is the way to go, I cant imagine bottling all of my brew...
                                I just have the keggle you see there and a 10 gallon mash tun, I make 11 gallon batches.
                                Do you guys have a decent brewer supply store over in Cayuga?
                                I used to work in and around that area, used to love going to the Erie beach hotel in Port Dover for the fresh perch and celery bread, is that place still open after all of our never ending lockdowns I wonder?
                                Cheers,
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X