Vertical head question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark

Got any up to date pictures of your Fritz?
    Last time I saw a picture it looked cleaner than my kitchen.

Charles

Comment

The pic of the BP on teh Milwaukee shows exactly the same sort of adapter that is on mine (smaller, and a V-head with no quill, though).

I can vouch for the hassles of having no quill. But it often can be wirked around. You end up cranking ht knee a lot, and hoping the knee lock doesn't lift the knee at all.

Keep eye on ball.
      Hashim Khan

Comment

Useful pictures of adapters here.

http://www.lathes.co.uk/bridgeport/page12.html

Never seen any in the flesh though....

Charles

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Ping
          Mark

Got any up to date pictures of your Fritz?
          Last time I saw a picture it looked cleaner than my kitchen.

Charles
          No I had to put it on the back-burner , as my windows were almost on the verge of dropping out of my house.

Nearly finished the windows ........but another job has come along... leaky core plug ..behind flywheel of my car (engine out )plus LPG conversion on my car... LPG ecu controlled sequential injection...major brain ache time.
          and like always ...........it turns into a big job with me ..ie engine out ..replace cambelt,water pump, clutch, paint the thing...LOL...then knowing me ...head off, porting ..and on and on ....

so will probably start back on the fritz in about a month and a halves time.

here's what it last looked like :-

Last edited by aboard_epsilon; 05-21-2006, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Guys, Thanks for the extra info! This won't be happening for awhile but at least I know it's possible now.
            Mark, that machine looks vey nice!
            What kind of paint is that?
            (besides green?)(lol)
            Russ
            I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

Originally posted by torker
              Guys, Thanks for the extra info! This won't be happening for awhile but at least I know it's possible now.
              Mark, that machine looks vey nice!
              What kind of paint is that?
              (besides green?)(lol)
              Russ
              Great finish ,Great looks and probably very corrosion/chemical resistant...but sadly is easily chipped and for what the stuff is ...it's far too expensive.

it's two pack polly over two pack epoxy.

Dont bother

all the best...mark

Comment

I did a few machines up with 2 part epoxy and 2 part poly just because I had it as left over s from other jobs.It looks niceat first but is a waste of time really.wouldnt do it again
                I now have been putting on automotive primer and single part poly with a foam brush.works fine .

Comment

Working...
                X