X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polaraligned
    replied
    Originally posted by JRouche View Post
    I dont know. Almost seems like some leg pulling is going on. I have a Bridgeport.. I have been searching up and down this thing.

I dont have a magical door like you guys. I looked, its just not here,,,, So, my lame azzed BP with no magical door. JR

Yeah, ok, it is an 8 inch air chuck.. And the spindle was deep in the work. CNC? Dont even ask. Its a short job. And its lame. JR

Click image for larger version Name:	20220117_205657 (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.71 MB ID:	1981415
    That looks like a Series 1 CNC machine. Wide ways and it looks like the motor is upside down like on those heads. I don't think the CNC machines ever had the magic doors.

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied
    Originally posted by The Metal Butcher View Post

You appear to have some double wide ways too. Cool. But yeah. They junked it because it filled up with chips and nobody used it.

Hmm, you baggin on my Double Wide. Hey! We all have to sleep somewhere... Haa.

Close. I do, or did. Aluminum. Chrome hard ways, I wasnt too concentered about the alu swarf (till it got too big ) Fluffy bucket needed, always metal, the bucket. . JR

Leave a comment:

• Superbowl
    replied
    The chips fly up under the ram and fall down past the door.

Leave a comment:

• The Metal Butcher
    replied
    Originally posted by JRouche View Post
    I dont know. Almost seems like some leg pulling is going on. I have a Bridgeport.. I have been searching up and down this thing.

I dont have a magical door like you guys. I looked, its just not here,,,, So, my lame azzed BP with no magical door. JR

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220117_205657 (2).jpg
Views:	89
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	1981415
    You appear to have some double wide ways too. Cool. But yeah. They junked it because it filled up with chips and nobody used it.

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied

Yeah, ok, it is an 8 inch air chuck.. And the spindle was deep in the work. CNC? Dont even ask. Its a short job. And its lame. JR

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220117_205657 (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.71 MB ID:	1981415
    Last edited by JRouche; 01-18-2022, 01:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SVS
    replied
    ”Maybe this was setup to have coolant and a pump in there….”

Definitely!

I had a J head with a factory pump. A hose returned fluid from left end of table to the pipe under the door. Was hard to contain coolant, and I’m sure it was an extra price option.

Leave a comment:

• Tobias-B
    replied
    Originally posted by flathead4 View Post
    I'm trying to remember if I have ever opened that door in the three years since i brought it home. There could be a family of gnomes living in there for all I know.
    Well, heck- I haven't looked in mine since about 2008 when I first dragged it home.

Sure enough, that's where all the gnomes come from! I'm tempted to leave them-
    problem is, they move tools around in the shop all the time, so I can never find
    things. They're sneaky- I set something down, turn away, and -zoom- they
    hide it on me.

t
    seems to be getting worse, recently.

Leave a comment:

• flathead4
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich Carlstedt View Post
    Through that hole you have no doubt. it also shows signs of coolant/fluid stains
    What is that hole ?

Rich
    Originally posted by SVS View Post

Coolant hose port I think. A pump is “supposed “ to live down in there.
    I have no idea what the hole is for. It is on the side so I don't think chips can fly in through it. There is another hole on the other side below the door with a tube through it. Maybe this was setup to have coolant and a pump in there but it is pretty clean inside so it seems unlikely to me that it was done.

Name:	bp3.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	1980434

Name:	bp2.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	1980433

Leave a comment:

• SVS
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich Carlstedt View Post
    Through that hole you have no doubt. it also shows signs of coolant/fluid stains
    What is that hole ?

Rich
    Coolant hose port I think. A pump is “supposed “ to live down in there.

Leave a comment:

• Doozer
    replied
    If you don't have chips in the box
    you're not doing it right ~!~!~!~!~

-D

Leave a comment:

• Rich Carlstedt
    replied
    What is that hole ?

Rich

Leave a comment:

• polaraligned
    replied
    If you don't have a shelf, the chips are dropping right to the floor inside the column.

Leave a comment:

• flathead4
    replied
    Well I took a peak inside and no gnomes but there are some Al chips on the ledge that is under the front of the ram. Also some Al chips on the outside in the middle of the dovetail. I was machining a bunch of Al last time. So I guess chips can find their way inside.

Name:	bp.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	1980347

Leave a comment:

• flathead4
    replied
    I'm trying to remember if I have ever opened that door in the three years since i brought it home. There could be a family of gnomes living in there for all I know.

Leave a comment:

• Rich Carlstedt
    replied
    I never have chips in the box ?
    I keep my extraneous tool holders and clamps inside , And I don't leave the door open .
    This is a 1943 Bridgeport and the opening is 8 x 11, and the door is 9 x 12. Serial # 3923 and still kicks butt !
    Rich

Name:	P1110063.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	824.8 KB
ID:	1980235 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1110064.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	805.3 KB
ID:	1980236

Leave a comment:

Working...