No announcement yet.

Trying to replace bearings in a hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can also just heat the stuck race to red heat with an O/A torch as Doozer described without removing the other race and individual balls or rollers. That usually works just fine. And I might give that part a quick check to make sure you didn't damage anything with the press. It looks stout enough that you're probably fine though.

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
      My arm hurts.
      I been patting my self on the back a lot lately.

-D
      Careful Doozer,that can bite sometimes lol!

A few years back was Sledding in the Mountains and our Group was trying for over a hour to conquer a very steep vertical wall.Right when I was confident that was going make it over my buddy slingshoted me and made it over.I followed him up and found him up against a Tree Stuck,he said he lost control control going over the top riding with one arm and patting himself on the back with the other,we all got a good laugh out of it.

Comment

man, wish I'd seen this yesterday, could have told you to push the spacer to one side - that's how the bearings in the freehub on my bike are arranged.

Comment

Its like they say experience is something you don't need after you acquire it!!

Comment

that's very true

Comment

Working...
            X