Angular Contact Bearing mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elf View Post

The ballscrew threads are turned off, so the inner race of one bearing rests against those. The outer end uses a common lock nut to secure the assembly. Definitely not a precision spindle😁
    Exactly as I thought. I don't think you need any improvements to this design. Just use a common sense in tightening the nut. The ball screw should be able to rotate freely, a little resistance would be OK as well. No axial movement of the screw should be detected by an indicator when axial force is applied.

Comment

Originally posted by elf View Post
      The mounting bracket for my ballscrew angular contact bearings has the bearings separated by 15mm with only the outer race supported:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	AngularContactMount.jpg Views:	233 Size:	84.4 KB ID:	1980901
      I think this defeats the purpose of the angular contact bearings and regular deep groove bearings would work as well if a spacer was added to support the inner races. What say you?
      You might find some good help here, https://www.skf.com/us/products/roll...-ball-bearings

I didn't read all of the above link but one important thing to consider is the ratio of axial load to thrust load. You have redial bearings that will take no thrust load and thrust bearings that will take no radial load, and a whole slew of bearings in between that will take some combination of both i.e. angular contact bearings or a deep race bearing. among many others. Your application will determine just what you need as far as the radial/thrust ratio.

lg
      no neat sig line
      Last edited by larry_g; 01-18-2022, 01:38 PM.
      near Salem OR

Comment

You can buy matched pairs that are made to work back to back with the correct preload and all you need is to get a flanged mount for the outer race to prevent movement.
        Helder Ferreira
        Setubal, Portugal

Comment

Working...
        X