This is really going to make you cry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is really going to make you cry

Got two days to find someone who wants this free of charge.

but they have to move it and there are a few bits missing, milling head, chucks, change wheels and grinding arbors.

No takers by Thursday dinner and it's in the skip as the place it is has to be cleared.

More info here.
    http://www.lathes.co.uk/adcock&shipl...ion/index.html

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Holy crap whats the name of that thing WONKA?
    You gotta find it a home bro, no ifs ands or butts, something tells me a woman is behind all this, when they ask me --- whats it going to be me or your machine, Your correct answer should be this,,, "dont make me choose"

Comment

I could definitly see a fist fight breaking out with some bloke trying to run the lathe while someone else is chattering the heL out of the horizontal miller... thaat things messed up --- but you still gotta find it a home sir John...

Comment

Nope,
        It's a commercial job, I'm being paid to shift / move these machines.
        This one is the ugly duckling.
        The rest I have either bought or found homes for and I have until Thursday night.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

My wife keeps telling me "Men with white coats are coming to get you someday"
          I wonder if they'd drop that machine off when they come?
          (looks like a heavy bugger)
          I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
            ....The rest I have either bought or found homes for and I have until Thursday night..
            I don't suppose they had any nice mills lying around there for me did they John?
            Mind you, theres a Bridgy up your way thats on e-bay for آ£31 at the moment with no motor or pulley and dodgy quill, but I just happen to know where there is a spare J head stuck on a horizontal mill that might go for scrap...
            Then again I need something thats working now rather than a fixer-upper.

Peter

Comment

I was offered a rather nice Parkson H-V Universal mill the other day, tidy piece of kit, but 'speak now or the scrap man gets it'. The scrap man got it, I had no place for it & though it looked to be in better order than my Elliott Omnimil it was less versatile & too big. Shame to see a good machine go, though.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Neill
                I don't suppose they had any nice mills lying around there for me did they John?
                Mind you, theres a Bridgy up your way thats on e-bay for آ£31 at the moment with no motor or pulley and dodgy quill, but I just happen to know where there is a spare J head stuck on a horizontal mill that might go for scrap...

Peter
                There's one in Warrington finishing tomorrow, haven't seen it so don't know whether it's worth his start price, but it has got a DRO fitted.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Neill

Peter
                  One Bridgy there 66 or 68 model with mechanical power, feed step pulley.
                  Had it running and it all works including quill feed. Few holes in table, nothing frightening and seems smooth but looks grungy, prolly not been paint cleaned for ages.
                  Someone may have their name on that and I won't know until Wednesday if not it's on my list to shift on Thursday.

Comment

Think who ever edited that picture originally has done a lot of farting about with it ...the guys have been altered so the machine looks big ..I think ,...look at the size of that guys head to the right ....he sure has a long coat .or have they chopped his legs off ...or is he a falidamide..his hand looks odd

all the best.mark

Comment

What the hecks a falidamide? is it a hermaphrodite? how can you tell with that long coat? hey --- his hand does look funny.

Comment

And where is there Damned safety Glasses!!!!!!

Comment

Got the spellin rong, sory

THALIDOMIDE

it was a drug given to pregnant women in the sixties ...resulted in them giving birth to children with large heads short arms short legs or non.
                          The results are sevaral thousend people who are called Thalidimide

I shouldn't really of said it ...sorry

all the best.mark

Comment

Originally posted by aboard_epsilon
                            Got the spellin rong, sory

THALIDOMIDE

it was a drug given to pregnant women in the sixties ...resulted in them giving birth to children with large heads short arms short legs or non.

I shouldn't really of said it ...sorry

all the best.mark
                            My mates dog had that.
                            He used to take it for a drag.

Comment

London Bridge, the QE and now...

Will you pay for the shipping and duties to the States?
                              Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."

Comment

Working...
                              X