Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Milling Machine for the Home Shop. jig boring machine Hauser. Thats what I wanted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milling Machine for the Home Shop. jig boring machine Hauser. Thats what I wanted.

Yeah, you get some folks that are not machinist, Me.

Come up with stupid stuff. I have always had my eye on a small home shop sized Jig boring machine. Even better pair it up with the same year Jig Grinding machine.

I cant afford that stuff.. Pie in the Sky... JR

Years ago we had a Mitsui Seiki jig grinder at work. They bought it with all available options, including a couple of small high speed grinding heads. I think they were air turbines. Today they offer air turbines with maximum speed of 175000 RPM.

Not sure how much they cost today. My guess - a million USD for a small one. Not for a home shop machinist for sure...

Comment

I have a SIP MP5 and a P&W 2A
      if you know what those are.

-D
      DZER

Comment

I have a couple of die grinders.

They're not... all that.

hee

t
        rusting in Seattle

Comment

I have a Linely jig borer. It and my lathe I would be hard pressed to sell

Comment

You can still get the larger ones, like a Moore for a good price..

The smaller ones, like the SIP (not the 5 Doozer) or Linley or Hauser are unobtainable here. Up north and east used to have some, in the 3-5k range. I dont even see those anymore. Must be a bunch of "small jig boring machine" hoarders out there! Yes, thats You Still looking..

The jig grinders are a specialty item I really could do without but at the correct price it would be nice..

On a side note the "extras" needed to properly use these machines will set you back as much if not more than the actual machine. Still looking.. JR

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
              I have a SIP MP5 and a P&W 2A
              if you know what those are.

-D
              I've used a 2A a few times. Would love to have an MP5.

Comment

The SIP MP5 is not really too big.
                It can fit a large workpiece, which is nice.
                I used it to mill some oil passages in my
                17" Colchester apron in the background.
                My machine has 2 spindles. Kinda neat.
                The larger spindle I got converted over
                to ER40 collets, which makes it handy.
                I think it is only 7000 pounds.
                The P&W 2A is right at 10,000 lbs.
                That one took me a bit more effort
                to get off the trailer.

---Doozer

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hendey Motor 046.jpg Views:	0 Size:	748.7 KB ID:	1982118

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hendey Motor 045.jpg Views:	0 Size:	732.9 KB ID:	1982117
                DZER

Comment

You have a hell of a nice shop, I remember putting the optical rotary table on a sip, it was big, very big and cost more than my house at the time
                  mark

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	Hendey Motor 045.jpg Views:	0 Size:	732.9 KB ID:	1982117
                    You have a Gantry Mill at yer place? Very nice. The machines are well taken care of, I like that.

Who knew Doozer liked massive metal working machines? Not me JR

Comment

SIP jig bore thats been on the arizona/phoenix craigslist for a couple months. Looks pretty similar to Doozers.
                      https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/t...413535706.html

Comment

Working...
                      X