Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Metal Butcher
    replied
    Ha. Love it. Though I think 2 5/16" balls will soon outnumber 2" balls.

P.S., If you say your video is "Made for kids" (regardless of whether you want kids watching) youtube locks down your video and removes comments, etc. It's not something you want unless you are specifically making content targeted at kids (think Tele-tubbies, etc).

Leave a comment:

• jdunmyer
    replied
    My cart has a rear seat/fold out platform; I set the garbage cans on the platform and run a rope around them. Although I have the 48 volt stock charger, that one has a bad reputation on the golf cart forum, and mine did act up once. The gurus on the forum recommend Accusense, so I bought one of them. Normally, I have a 48 volt Battery Minder plugged into the cart; I have them on almost everything I own that has a battery. Worth every penny.

Leave a comment:

• psomero
    replied
    Whatever they set at the factory should be sufficient. I'm assuming you have flooded lead acid? That boiling action is the "equalization" stage and is actually a beneficial thing because the water dissociates at 2.55V/cell and it is in effect a balancing method where lower strength cells in the series stack can catch up and the higher charged cells don't cook off (but do consume water that turns to gas). This stage of charging promotes battery health for FLA and will maximize range because you get the most charge in and level everything out so they'll discharge at an even rate.

As someone who replaced literally tons of batteries during my short run as a cart mechanic, I will say that flooded lead acid, if kept topped off with clean distilled water, is the most reliable of the lead acid battery types by at least a factor of 2 in heavy usage scenarios.

Delta Q's have been in service for close to 20 years and almost never need replacement and never need service. Unlike the lesters, which were preferred by the old time fleet guys because "Jim has the parts and knows how to work on them", you never need to open them up and potentially get zapped by the 600V capacitor inside, because they almost never go bad.

Leave a comment:

• Black Forest
    replied
    Originally posted by psomero View Post
    Nicely done. I was a mobile cart mechanic for a while and I still wince at the sight of a Lester charger. If it ever breaks, don't service it. The only service a dead Lester needs is replacement with a Delta Q.
    My Polaris EV has a Delta Q onboard charger. I changed the algorithm to a slower charge and it doesn't cook the batteries.

Leave a comment:

• psomero
    replied
    Nicely done. I was a mobile cart mechanic for a while and I still wince at the sight of a Lester charger. If it ever breaks, don't service it. The only service a dead Lester needs is replacement with a Delta Q.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Dubeau
    replied
    Good use of your noggin Ed. You always seem to come up with some pretty clever stuff. Thanks for sharing.

I usually use the tailgate of my truck to drive them down to the corner. But yesterday I forgot it was garbage day, and my truck was at the mechanics getting some stuff fixed, so the wife had to drag them down to the corner by hand. It was only the 3rd time in 12 years she's had to do it. Apparently she was keeping score..... Anyway, I like the new method more, but I'll use it sparingly .

I use the kids to drag the empty cans and bins back up to the house. It's such a hardship for them and I hear about it afterwards.......

Leave a comment:

• Bob Engelhardt
    replied
    You guys have your trash picked up?! Boy, you have it soft! I used to dump mine in the crick out back, but it caught fire one day & there was a helluva to-do about it. So now I carry it to the incinerator, on my back 'cause there's no cars allowed. Two miles in the snow, in my bare feet - no shoes allowed either. Boy I wish they would start a pick-up.

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied
    Originally posted by Edwin Dirnbeck View Post
    I haul my trash cans I think that I could hook some more on ,but I dont have the need. Edwin Dirnbeck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wby01_sOvYg
    Edwin? You guys are all too smart.. JR

Leave a comment:

• Black Forest
    replied
    That works a treat Edwin. I also haul my trash cans up to the street with my electric Polaris. I used to use my tractor but the Polaris is much more practical. I don't tow them I lift them up and put them in the bed. The big paper container I tow using a rope to tie it to the roll cage. The wheels on those trash containers won't hold up very long towing them on that gravel driveway. Ask me how I know!

Leave a comment:

• Edwin Dirnbeck
    replied
    Originally posted by oxford View Post
    I like it but it looks like you need an enclosed heated can on that.
    Thanks,I park the cart in the garage and just use it for quick trips to the neighbors or the barn. For the last 30 years I have been useing my old school "no fuel injection" atv. The electric cart is so much better. Allways works instantly, no stink ,no warm up ,no gas cans ,no oil no antifreeze.The atv starter is allmost the size of an automobile starter,but I am on the 4th one and the 3rd starter relay. .I have the cart charger permanently wired to the cart.About once a week I plug it in to 110 volt outlet.But then when we have snow,out comes the atv. Edwin Dirnbeck

Leave a comment:

• Doozer
    replied
    I love it.
    For me, I put the trash and recycling cans in the bucket of my New Holland tractor.
    Love that thing.
    I feel like a boss every time I use it to take out the trash.

-D

Leave a comment:

• oxford
    replied
    I like it but it looks like you need an enclosed heated can on that.

Leave a comment:

• OT Golf cart reverse hitch trash can train hauler

I haul my trash cans with my electric golf cart.I have a long driveway and like Neil Young ,Im gettin old. I like to have 2 inch receivers and balls on my equipment,because it is the standard of the towing world.I made a reverse 2 inch ball holder so I dont bump my head when I am crawling around on the ground.The first large can is 95 gallons. The second one is a smaller recycle can. It works fantastic. I think that I could hook some more on ,but I dont have the need. Edwin Dirnbeck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wby01_sOvYg
    Last edited by Edwin Dirnbeck; 01-21-2022, 06:35 PM.
Working...
X