OT - multiple quotes in a reply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - multiple quotes in a reply

When replying to thread, I sometimes want to quote several of the previous replies. Does the forum have a built-in way to do that? In the past I have clicked "Quote", copied the text from the reply box, cancelled the reply, and repeated for the other replies that I wanted to quote. This is WAY more cumbersome than it ought to be. If the forum doesn't have a multi=-quote built in, does anyone have a better way than mine? Thanks

Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post
    When replying to thread, I sometimes want to quote several of the previous replies. Does the forum have a built-in way to do that? In the past I have clicked "Quote", copied the text from the reply box, cancelled the reply, and repeated for the other replies that I wanted to quote. This is WAY more cumbersome than it ought to be. If the forum doesn't have a multi=-quote built in, does anyone have a better way than mine? Thanks
    I hit the Quotes you want and the amount you pick will show on top left of screen,hit that and they show up in that order to reply.

Comment

That's the only way I've known to do it in the past. ...or else by just typing in those "QUOTE=.... and /QUOTE" markers.

Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post

I hit the Quotes you want and the amount you pick will show on top left of screen,hit that and they show up in that order to reply.
      Now I know this way. Thanks Tundra T.T., makes life easier!
      Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

That's it! Thank you. Boy, I shoulda' asked sooner.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	6A0E49B1-B81A-435E-867E-AB722C93C11A.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	1982419

Thanks , I was doing the copy and past as well.

For anyone that views on mobile click the quote under each person that you want to quote. Then go back up to the top of the screen and it will say “post reply (4)” if you quoted 4 people. Hit that and all the quotes will appear in the reply section at the bottom of your screen.

Comment

That's it! Thank you. Boy, I shoulda' asked sooner.
            Originally posted by oxford View Post
            Click image for larger version

Name:	6A0E49B1-B81A-435E-867E-AB722C93C11A.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	1982419

Thanks , I was doing the copy and past as well.

For anyone that views on mobile click the quote under each person that you want to quote. Then go back up to the top of the screen and it will say “post reply (4)” if you quoted 4 people. Hit that and all the quotes will appear in the reply section at the bottom of your screen.
            Just testing - didn't know about this until now.
            http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
            Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
            USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Unfortunately the multiquote feature doesn't carry between pages, unlike almost every other forum out there. Very disappointing.
              21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
              1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

Comment

Just testing. So I clicked on QUOTE button on Tundra Twin Track's post and got this quote:

Then I went to The Metal Butcher's post and clicked on the QUOTE button there. Nothing appeared to happen except at the upper left of the screen the button that had said "Post Reply (1)" changed to "Post Reply (2)" so I then clicked on that and the quote below was added to the reply window. I am typing this text in after doing that, but I suspect it will work at any time after clicking on that second QUOTE button.

Originally posted by The Metal Butcher View Post
                Unfortunately the multiquote feature doesn't carry between pages, unlike almost every other forum out there. Very disappointing.
                I too have been doing it the harder way. But I did learn something about the hyper-text mark-up language.

Paul A.
                SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Very nice.. You geeks are creasy Smart. I am in awe JR

Comment

Never even noticed the Post Reply button change color before. I've used Notepad in the past but no more.
                    Tom - Spotsylvania, VA

Comment

Originally posted by The Metal Butcher View Post
                      I was wondering about that.

Comment

Working...
                      X