CNC Plasma Cut Vintage Motorcycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNC Plasma Cut Vintage Motorcycles

I cut the following bikes from 11 gauge (1/8") steel with my home made CNC plasma table. I put as much detail into the 19" long figures as possible, keeping at least .150" between interior parts and lines.

BSA Gold Star, Vincent Black Shadow, Matchless 500 single, Ariel Square four, Triumph Bonneville TT Special, Norton Commando, Indian Chief (USA), and early Triumph Thunderbird.

The two larger pictures are the Vincent, and the Triumph Thunderbird with a little paint..

I am not selling these. This is just for fun.

Click image for larger version

Name:	All Bikes 95 pct.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	1982653 Click image for larger version

Name:	Vincent Black Shadow 19 in x 10 in.jpg
Views:	733
Size:	927.0 KB
ID:	1982654 Click image for larger version

Name:	Painted Thunderbird.jpg
Views:	727
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	1982655

I'm not a motorcycle enthusiast at all, and know next to nothing about plasma cutting. But that is some impressive work, in my opinion. Very nice!
    Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

My second bike was a 1954 Matchless 350 !

Comment

Looks like you've got a pretty good handle on the home made CNC pllasma table details.
        Incredible detail, very nicely done!
        Thanks for sharing that here.
        Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
        Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Originally posted by MaxHeadRoom View Post
          My second bike was a 1954 Matchless 350 !
          Mine was a '52 Thunderbird. Very nice work!

-js
          There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

Very nice detail! Without even reading your text I recognized the Vincent and Triumph. My first road bike was a 750 Bonneville!

Comment

As a bikeaholic these are very good for wall hangings. Yes it's a hassle but set it up and make some smaller ones and sell them. Bike nuts will buy them so start an ebay store or similar. Or offer them to one of the larger distributors of moto accessories.That way you only have to package up a bunch and send them to one address.

Comment

Originally posted by I make chips View Post
                As a bikeaholic these are very good for wall hangings. Yes it's a hassle but set it up and make some smaller ones and sell them. Bike nuts will buy them so start an ebay store or similar. Or offer them to one of the larger distributors of moto accessories.That way you only have to package up a bunch and send them to one address.
                I was going to suggest the same thing. These could be real money-makers.

-js
                There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by I make chips View Post
                  Thanks for the suggestions, but my business days are behind me.

Comment

Added some paint to the Indian Chief.

Name:	IMG_0607.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	1982741

Comment

Added paint to the Square Four.

Name:	image_21262.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	1982991

Comment

thats awesome
                        san jose, ca. usa

Comment

They should fly you to shows to sell CNC plasma machines. Gorgeous work!

Jerry

Comment

It's hard to find a nice complement for the actual metal work since your plasma table did the actual cutting and from a metal working standpoint you did some cleanup. Instead I want to complement you on having a keen artistic eye for making the CAD and plasma work together to achieve a very nice looking product. I really like how you used the cutaway lines to suggest the usual overlay of parts seen on such bikes. You certainly achieved what you set out to do in a lovely manner.
                            Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

^^^^^^ What BC said, I couldn’t say better .
                              Illigitimi non Carborundum 😎
                              9X49 Birmingham Mill, Reid Model 2C Grinder, 13x40 ENCO GH Lathe, 6X18 Craftsman lathe, Sherline CNC mill, Eastwood TIG200 AC/DC and lots of stuff from 30+ years in the trade and 15.5 in refinery unit operations. Now retired. El Paso, TX

Comment

Working...
                              X