Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offering this again to someone

Offering this this again.
    The person that had claimed it never got back to me, so here it is again.

BXA

I did find to ship it via USPS would be about $20.00 flat rate.

First to claim it, PM me.

Thanks, Sid

$20.00 freight is not "free".

Over the 20+ years that I have been bombing around hobby machinists forums it appears that free means ZERO cost.

If you pay the shipping costs many will accept the component even if they have no use for it.

Comment

I thought it was generous,
      but whatever.

--D
      DZER

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
        but whatever.

--D
        Same

Comment

but whatever.

--D
          Indeed.
          I have a very nice MHB 24th edition that has not been used in 10 years, I once tried to give it away here.

Everyone that expressed an interest appeared to be a collector rather then a user, I will not freely give anything to a collector.

You appear to have a use for such a thing, I would give it to you for freight costs.
          However you likely have one.
          Last edited by Bented; 01-24-2022, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Why must you pollute my thread?
            You have nothing positive to offer.
            You have contempt for this forum and the people on it.
            You hate you own profession.

I'm offering something to someone that could use it (FOR FREE!) Making someone's life better in a small way.
            There is not a normal person, that would not expect to pay shipping for it.

Please refrain.

Sid

Comment

What should he do instead? Hand deliver and install it too? 🙄

Hopefully somebody can use it, and takes you up on the generous offer Sid.

Comment

Originally posted by Bented View Post

Over the 20+ years that I have been bombing around hobby machinists forums it appears that free means ZERO cost.

If you pay the shipping costs many will accept the component even if they have no use for it.
                Damn right! If I wanted to get rid of a toolpost I'd pay the shipping AND pay the recipient $50 for their trouble! Cheapskate!

-js
                There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

but whatever.

--D
                  Yeah, really. He's giving it away, do you want free shipping too ?
                  He he could probably list it on eBay and get 70 bucks for it plus 20 bucks and ship.

JL.......

Comment

Sorry Sid, people often talk smart then when it comes time to act they clam up. It's the old keyboard warrior looking a gift horse in the mouth routine.
                    So throw it up on your local craigslist for 50 bucks and it'll sell.

Comment

I believe it is a very generous offer. It's free if you want to pick it up. Expecting your benefactor to take money out of his pocket to deliver it to you is a bit much.
                      It's all mind over matter.
                      If you don't mind, it don't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bented View Post

Dickhead
                        -paul

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhoopee View Post
                          I believe it is a very generous offer. It's free if you want to pick it up. Expecting your benefactor to take money out of his pocket to deliver it to you is a bit much.
                          Yes it is a generous offer, plus he has to box it up and waste time going to the post office and stand in line for who knows how long. His time is worth all of twenty bucks and then some.

JL........
                          Last edited by JoeLee; 01-24-2022, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Indeed, that is very generous of you Sid.

Comment

That's over the top ridiculous, and an extreme show of self entitlement to think that some one who gives away a BXA tool post should pay for shipping too!!
                              This is so ridiculous that I feel compelled to ask this question to Bented, Are you on drugs?

Comment

Working...
                              X