Clear All

Come on, guys! He was sarcastic.
    Mike
    WI/IL border, USA

Comment

Sid. I sent you a check sat urday.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
        Yes it is a generous offer, plus he has to box it up and waste time going to the post office and stand in line for who knows how long. His time is worth all of twenty bucks and then some.

JL........
        I've sat at the post office so long I would have made $20 at my day job...
        21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
        1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

Comment

Yes sid. I typed up a PM. But I must have not hit the post button. I am sorry.

Comment

I dont know what happened but my PMS look like they went thru to you. If someone else got this then just send my check back.

Comment

Sorry, but item's price and any shipping costs are two different things. I have offered things free, but did ask that the recipiant did pay for the shipping.

Perhaps a better way of stating it would be "yours for freight charges".

But I think everyone would agree that this item is being offered free.

And if this is still available I would gladly pay that shipping cost to get it. I do have a real use for it.

Originally posted by Bented View Post
              $20.00 freight is not "free".

Over the 20+ years that I have been bombing around hobby machinists forums it appears that free means ZERO cost.

If you pay the shipping costs many will accept the component even if they have no use for it.
              Last edited by Paul Alciatore; 01-25-2022, 12:29 AM.
              Paul A.
              SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
              You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Just ignore Bented.

He has a type of humor which is easily misinterpreted. As in this case. I am pretty sure his comment was an attempt at a form of sarcastic humor.

And he, as a production machinist with no home shop, is out of his element here anyhow. He does not really understand why we even HAVE shops to begin with, let alone how they are financed and what we do.
                4357 2773 5150 9120 9135 8645 1007 1190 2133 9120 5942

Keep eye on ball.
                Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

"There's no pleasing these serpents"......Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                  Just ignore Bented.

He has a type of humor which is easily misinterpreted. As in this case. I am pretty sure his comment was an attempt at a form of sarcastic humor.

And he, as a production machinist with no home shop, is out of his element here anyhow. He does not really understand why we even HAVE shops to begin with, let alone how they are financed and what we do.
                  Hang on Jerald? We give people time right? JR

Comment

He has a type of humor which is easily misinterpreted. ....
                    Right. "easily misinterpreted" is being gentle - "difficult to interpret" is closer. And without an emoticon to give a clue.

Comment

Seeing as we are giving out accolades...
                      I'm plain just hard to take.
                      Just saying.

-D
                      DZER

Comment

Originally posted by welderskelter View Post
                        I dont know what happened but my PMS look like they went thru to you. If someone else got this then just send my check back.
                        Welder- I will honor the original agreement that I made. You were first to respond, so, still yours.
                        To the others that responded to this, I apologize for the confusion.

Thanks, Sid

Comment

Just ignore Bented.

I see no humor there, just pretty much straight up sarcasm

Comment

Sid sent you a PM. Let me know please.

Comment

Vector. I have been in contact with Sid. Read above.

Comment

Good on ya Sid a nice thing to do!

Lately when i have thing i want to get rid of that involves mailing and the value of the item is based on it use to someone it has got value but worth the mailing cost ? what i been doing is sending it to someone who needs it /wants it with the agreement that they just make a donation to a charity of their choice for the postage and whatever the value of the item is to them. that way no checks in the mail pay pall fees etc no waste, and people are more generous to their charity than haggling over the price of something,

Comment

Working...
                                X