some more free stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some more free stuff

This is a tool post That I made years ago, when I got my first 13 x 40 Supermax lathe.
    I actually did an article for Home Shop Machinist describing it's construction.

It only has the one dovetail, but I used it for years.
    Again, If you can use it, PM me.
    I'll have to figure out shipping, as all of the tool blocks will add a lot of weight.
    Also, when I made it, I did not match either an AXA or BXA dovetail.
    All of the blocks are unique, but there are a few of them to use.

Sid

Another nice offer.

I am not in need of it but curious of the operation on the tool post. What operates the plunger? Looks like maybe a lever on the right side in that pic? Handle on top is for the T-nut?

Comment

Originally posted by oxford View Post
      Another nice offer.

I am not in need of it but curious of the operation on the tool post. What operates the plunger? Looks like maybe a lever on the right side in that pic? Handle on top is for the T-nut?
      You've got it!
      The lever on the side pushes the plunger against the tool block, locking it in place.

Sid

Comment

Sid, you can use a Priority Mail flat rate box to ship very serious weight (I think it is around 70 lb limit), the distance does not matter. The boxes are available at the Post Office or by mail for free.
        I do not need these tools, but thanks for your generous offer.

Comment

I would like to be able to build things like this someday. Nice work Sid

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Working...
            X