No announcement yet.

Trap design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three bellyspring cage with trigger in side. Triggered, collapsed cage moves up into black tube, with goph ensnared while tasting baited trigger. Gophers snoot/head trapped twixt ring of cage and bottom of black tube. OD’s same, pic is distorted.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by guido View Post
      three bellyspring cage with trigger in side. Triggered, collapsed cage moves up into black tube, with goph ensnared while tasting baited trigger. Gophers snoot/head trapped twixt ring of cage and bottom of black tube. Od’s same, pic is distorted.
      omg! You animal! 😬

Comment

This is one of my three mole/gopher traps. They hunt even with snow on the ground. You can see the dirt she has accumulated while digging for furry treasure. Now if I could just get them to fill the holes back in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 8 22 walk 02.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	1983229

Comment

4 years ago the neighbor across the street was the victim of moles, He had mounds of dirt all over his yard. We even had a few show up in our yard. He tried several types of traps determents of which none worked. I bought some of the solar powered things that you push down into the lawn and they buzz every few seconds, they did not last in our rainy weathers but did seam to help for as long as they lasted.
          Then one day he came over to warn me what he was going to do and not be alarmed. He had gone to the ACE Hardware store and bought a couple of 30 minute road flares and he dug out the opening to a couple of the dirt mounds, lit the flares and pushed them down into the openings and put a brick over the hole. After a few minutes he put the hose of his ShopVac with hose on the exhaust side down into one of the holes and turned it on. Little columns of smoke started coming up all over his yard. After a few minutes of this he covered the holes. We had a good laugh at all the smoke columns. BUT he never had any more mole trouble. I bought a couple of flares in the event we started having problems, but so far nothing.
          Last edited by lugnut; 01-27-2022, 08:45 PM.

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.
          Oregon Coast

Comment

I did more reading on the flares and the reviews are mixed so?

Comment

I buy smoke bombs during fireworks season. Nothing like smoking out a ground hog and finding two other holes behind You, with never knowing they were there before this.
              mark costello-Low speed steel

Comment

Two words for killing moles.
                Carl Spangler.

Comment

Originally posted by Toolguy View Post
                  What kind of trap is that?
                  When I first saw it I thought he used a shop vac to suck it out.😄

Comment

Originally posted by challenger View Post
                    Two words for killing moles.
                    Carl Spangler.
                    That name meant nothing to me, but a google search suggests you must have meant "Carl Spackler" (of Caddy Shack.)
                    Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Working...
                    X