No announcement yet.

What Would These Be Good For

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the sharpener is cheap and cheerful, it might even work well. I wonder if the emery wheel is for use with HSS saw blades?

Comment

The sharpener probably works, but works well would be a stretch. I've got the Chicago Electric chainsaw sharpener, and while I can get it to sharpen a saw chain, it's definitely not a high quality tool. There is basically no repeatability, and the grinding head can be flexed significantly (1/32" or more) in either direction when sharpening with very little pressure. I've seen a video of the circ saw sharpener in use and it's in the same category.

Comment

Those wheels look like they might work well to sharpen serrated knife blades.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

They could have all sorts of uses if it wasn't for the 10mm arbor hole. I have similar wheels for my T&C grinder with standard 1-1/4" arbor hole.

Comment

Originally posted by old mart View Post
            ........................... I wonder if the emery wheel is for use with HSS saw blades?
            It would do that. "Emery" is (impure) aluminum oxide, which cuts HSS just fine.
            4357 2773 5647 3671 3645 0087 1276

CNC machines only go through the motions

"There's no pleasing these serpents"......Lewis Carroll

Comment

Working...
            X