Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good hoot

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/video/2006/robin1.wmv

Someone sent me this knowing how much I like Reliants.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

It seems the warning signals malfunctioned as well as the driver.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

was he checking to see what ever was running the wheel to propel that? Was still alive under the hood.
      He was lucky he wasn't 5 seconds faster!
      Glen
      Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
      I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
      All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

5 more seconds he would have been gone over the tracks,1 or 2 seconds and Squish, the train did stop though.

Comment

look at it again I reckon his life was saved by a fraction of a second in other words if he had been half a second faster he would mincemeat reliant or not.Alistair
          Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

John,

Looks like a level crossing about a mile from me down Barnbygate,do you know where it was.

Allan

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
              It seems the warning signals malfunctioned as well as the driver.
              Don't think so.
              You can make out the red flashes of the warning lights.
              The only malfunction was the driver.

What our transatlantic friends probably don't know is that the car, a Reliant, is a fibreglass bodied 3 wheeler that will fall over on without much help in a strong wind. The impact resistance of the whole vehicle is probably less than a door mirror on my Volvo.

Charles

Comment

Cool, I want one, not that one though. A reliant what?or who makes it?

Comment

Luckily they've stopped making them

http://pages.zoom.co.uk/elvis/reliant.html

Charles

Comment

How come watching that video, and that little car, that little street, the little train, I just want to say, "Follow the Yellow brick road" I think Wizard of Oz would of been better placed in England than Kansas. I think I've been on golf carts bigger than that car.

Comment

No Wonder!
                      He was driving on the wrong side of the road!

Tom M.

Comment

Originally posted by mayfieldtm
                        No Wonder!
                        He was driving on the wrong side of the road!

Tom M.
                        Ahh, but he wasn't you see. He was driving on the nearside, which is the right side, but if he was driving on the offside, which is the right side, he would be on the wrong side

Peter

Comment

It certainly has a short turning circle.
                          Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

reliant

Probably the light weight was what saved the old fellow from an early(earlier?)funeral.If it been any heavier,it would undoubtedly have been dragged under the train.I hope the old chap bought himself a Lotto ticket when he got wherever he was going.
                            You say you like Reliants,John?I could never understand why the "Kitten"wasn't more popular then these godawful contraptions.It had 4 four wheels at least,and was a damn sight prettier to look at.But then I believe the 3wheeler could be driven on a motorbike licence?A good place for these things is on the "Scrapheap Challenge"stockpile.
                            Hans

Comment

The Reliant....

Good Sir John;
                              We dumb N. Americanos might know the Reliant as that "Plastic Pig" car from the Mr. Bean series that always seems to appear when he's driving in his Austin Mini....of course, it rolls over...
                              Are they really that unstable ?
                              Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X