Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brian Rupnow View Post
    What makes you think that I'm human?
    Your fears. Electricity, and model steam boilers -- they make me a little nervous too.

I think if I was to make a model steam engine, I'd start with the boiler. It would be low pressure, and unlikely to do any harm. The Corliss needs a boiler, not an air hose.
    Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

Comment

The one negative about your personality Brian is that once you’ve made up your mind on something, no one can tell you anything. You’re stubborn as a mule.

Comment

Originally posted by brian Rupnow View Post
        What makes you think that I'm human?
        ah, you know, general impression, bit of speculation
        in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
          The one negative about your personality Brian is that once you’ve made up your mind on something, no one can tell you anything. You’re stubborn as a mule.
          I have trained a lot of mules in my day. You are being insulting to mules when you compare Brian to a mule! Mules are smarter than horses and if you try to force a mule to do something you are going to have a problem. If you show a mule how to do something they will do it most times very willingly. Now Brian is a whole nuther ballgame! He is stubborn for sure and that can be a virtue or a hindrance. I like to think I am tenacious not stubborn. My wife disagrees! Carry on Brian. You will get this managed I am sure.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Well, fixing you lathe or not it was nice seeing a long shot of you shop. I find it interesting what each of our shops have in the way of layout and organization. Bob 😁

Comment

When you can match Brian's machining and designing skills you can think about criticizing his electrical skills. Just because it would not be your approach does not mean that it should not be Brian's approach. Carry on Brian.

Comment

That's a logical non-sequitur, but your point is for Brian to keep doing what he is comfortable with. I definitely agree, and can understand his attitude, even if I do encourage learning.
                CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
                Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
                Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
                I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
                Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                  That's a logical non-sequitur, but your point is for Brian to keep doing what he is comfortable with. I definitely agree, and can understand his attitude, even if I do encourage learning.
                  An intelligent person recognizes their limitations and continues with what they are comfortable with. I also would dig deeper into the electrical problem, but I am not Brian.

Comment

Your all beating a dead mule!!!!

No Offense BF!!

Comment

Originally posted by GordonL View Post
                      When you can match Brian's machining skills you can think about criticizing his electrical skills
                      Well at least I got my laughs in for the day.

Comment

How did this become dump on Brian day? Keep it on subject.

Comment

It's in the truck. I'm ready to go to Toronto. No spills, no thrills, no mishaps. Hope we get a sunny day tomorrow.
                          Brian Rupnow
                          Design engineer
                          Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Perhaps an expansion to a mobile army truck shop might be in your future Brian. Your lathe has racked up quite the road miles over the past few years.

I'm with the rest, in that I'd try to give it a go of fixing it myself. I have the belief that what one man can do, another can too, but can respect your decision to seek professional help from the dealer.

Best of luck with it!.

Comment

One thought is that if parts are needed, like the switch itself then it may well be faster just taking it there like Brian is doing. He is anxious to get making chips ASAP.

Comment

I'm not sure I've ever built anything with so many bolts in it!! The blue bolt heads are #4 which are 0.110" diameter and the redish ones are #5 which are 0.125" diameter. I'm currently looking for a source for #5 shoulder bolts for the linkage ends but haven't found them yet. I did manage to find some 3mm shoulder bolts and will use them if I have to.
                                Brian Rupnow
                                Design engineer
                                Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                                X