• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matador
    replied
    Good Things come to those who wait

Some of us wait longer than others.
    Great that you gave the old boy's tools a sympathetic home.
    Too often the stuff gets sold for peanuts to a dealer,who will make a killing on it.
    The gentleman must have realised you were a home machinist and would look after "his"machines.
    You done good,Jim

Leave a comment:

• JIMofalltrades031
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Messer
    If he's the guy whose grand kids live across the street from me, who is moving here from Florida to be near them, I think I am just going to lay right down and CRY!!
    He is moving to Memphis I think he said. If it is him I am truly sorry. He is bringing his lathe with him tho. So you will have somebody to pal with maybe?

Got the RPC hooked up and ran the wiring to the mill this afternoon. It was a tight squeeze into the corner. But it sits next to a big window so I will get good light in the afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• CCWKen
    replied
    Fine Catch!

Wow! You lucky dog. Anyone around here with tools that nice usually have them buried with them. We gotta drag stuff out of the scrap yard and rebuild it.

Leave a comment:

• jontwo13
    replied
    Originally posted by japcas
    Where in east Tennessee are you located?
    I live in Del Rio off 25/70

Leave a comment:

• Al Messer
    replied
    If he's the guy whose grand kids live across the street from me, who is moving here from Florida to be near them, I think I am just going to lay right down and CRY!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Agreed, good luck with the new toys,now set them up correctly and make some chips

Leave a comment:

• Alistair Hosie
    replied
    Jim my good wishes on your recent purchase I wish you many years long years and much happiness with your new toysAlistair

Leave a comment:

• JIMofalltrades031
    replied
    Back to the shop.

Leave a comment:

• japcas
    replied
    Originally posted by jontwo13
    I wish some of the people that are moving to tenn. would bring their tools. We would like some good deals also.
    Where in east Tennessee are you located?

Leave a comment:

• JIMofalltrades031
    replied
    All he had was the magchuck? Guess he was going to make himself one.

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    Me want a shaper. Drool. Surface grinder too.

Leave a comment:

• JIMofalltrades031
    replied
    He says that he will replace these when he gets there. I guess he is going over the border to Ohio to do it.

Leave a comment:

• jontwo13
    replied
    I wish some of the people that are moving to tenn. would bring their tools. We would like some good deals also.

Leave a comment:

• JIMofalltrades031
    started a topic Good Things come to those who wait

Good Things come to those who wait

Went to Sarasota and picked these girls up from a really great gentleman who is moving to Tenn. to be with his grandkids. Mr.Warner is what all of us should strive to be.

The little shaper is 110 and I haven't looked closely at it but it is all there and runs quietly. The big girl is in pretty ok shape. The table is not as rough as he led me to believe. She has had some repairs but the spindle is smooth and the motor is quiet. He also practicly gave me a 2x3ft cast iron flat surface, a magnetic chuck for a grinder 8x14in. About 300lbs of steel too. All well within my meager budget!
Working...
X