Seiki - XL 2VH vertical mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seiki - XL 2VH vertical mill

Does anyone own or have had any experience with a Seiki - XL 2VH vertical mill?
    I have an opportunity to purchase this mill which includes a vise, collets, Mitutoyo DRO and a X axis power feed. If anyone has this mill, how do feel about? Is their anything that you wish that it had compared to other mills? What are some places that you have purchased parts from? I have contacted Teck Machine Tool out of Georgia and they completely support this model with parts.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this post.

TIA,

Todd
    Todd

Todd
    If you are getting it for a price that you feel is reasonable and the machine is in working condition with no apparent problems - it is still your decision! It is a hell of a lot nicer than my mill, so I think you are lucky to have found it.

In the end, you still have to live with yourself, but as long as Mori-Seiki is still supplying parts, you don't have much to worry about other than sticker shock.

Comment

Thrud,

He is only asking $2000.00 for the mill. It looks to be in very good condition. The ways look very good, no excessive play in the spindle or quill. The axis handles have virtually no play.

I was surprised that you have been the only person to respond to the post. I have the same question on two differnt boards, what gives?

Thanks for the advise,
      Todd
      Todd

Comment

To see if $2000 is a reasonable price, you could compare this Seiki mill with the Prazi 450 mill which is available for about $2000 (on sale anyway). I have this Prazi mill and am pleased with it, but I'm comparing it to my Sherline 5400, rather than a Grizzly/Enco/Chinese mill-drill or Bridgeport knock off.

Try www.blueridgemachinery.com to see specs on the 450.

Comment

Todd
          I presume that this is a full size machine right? If so it sounds like a good deal. The Mitutoyo DRO is not cheap - they are up to $4k here in Canada depending on the model and the type of scales. Vises are not free either - even small ones.

Comment

Working...
          X