Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFF TOPIC? $75,000 pickup cost per mile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J Tiers View Post

Just give it up.

It's YOUR number that YOU found at FORD and waved in my face......

But now you are claiming that your number is not even applicable?

Well, then if your number is no good, why did you even post it?

Give it up. You're done.
    You made a broad claim that automotive engineers recommend 8,000 mile oil changes, but the marketing departments insist on 10,000 mile oil changes and overrule them. If, as that link shows, Ford (or any other manufacturer) typically recommends 7,500 oil changes, your assertion is false.

Originally posted by J Tiers
    What happens is that the engineers assess the result, find that 10k miles seemed to wear only a certain amount, and that say, 200k miles was predicted life. Then they recommended that 8000 miles on a change be the published limit to better guarantee the mileage-to-failure result.

Marketing wanted that 10k miles, because YES customers DO look at that (fleet vehicle operators). So since the engineers did not find too many actual failures in the 10k case, they take that number and run with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by J Tiers View Post

BUT, and I said this, and you IGNORED it......

The 7500 miles is NOT SHOWN IN THE MANUAL. I quoted you every bit of what was in the manual except the "trust the oil change indication" which the PDF search found about 10 times.

WHAT THE MANUAL SHOWS, is "not more than 10,000 IF the oil change indicator does not call for a change first."

And, then what you showed is EXACTLY 25% less than the 10,000 mile limit shown in the MANUAL FOR THE TRUCK.

Funny thing, that.... I suggested 20% less than the manual's limit, and there YOU show how FORD 100% agrees with me, and even goes farther.

So, you end up agreeing with me.............! Thanks for recognizing the truth.

That's just plain "CASE CLOSED" on you and Superbowl..... FORD agrees with me.
      No case closed on me. All I have been saying is GO WITH THE EOM RECOMMENDATIONS, THEY KNOW MORE THAN YOU!!!!!!! And I still say that.

Comment

• Has anyone had a spanking yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Artful Bodger View Post
          Has anyone had a spanking yet?
          Lol, not yet. I’m sure someone will be throwing out “troll” soon enough though.

Comment

• What is the prize for winning one of these arguments? Does the value vary in direct relation to the length of the thread?
            Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

• OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer

EOM = ??

Nits bother me when they are oft repeated...
              http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
              Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
              USA Maryland 21030

Comment

• Originally posted by lynnl View Post
                What is the prize for winning one of these arguments? Does the value vary in direct relation to the length of the thread?
                Dunno. Wasn't aware there was a prize. If there is, Super and tomato aren't in the running, and I don't want to be.
                CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
                Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
                Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
                I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
                Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Artful Bodger View Post
                  Has anyone had a spanking yet?
                  May I jump in line for one, specially if its free!! Im due.. JR

Comment

• Originally posted by lynnl View Post
                    What is the prize for winning one of these arguments? Does the value vary in direct relation to the length of the thread?
                    Not sure about the winner but the looser gets a free oil change at JiffyLube.
                    And yes he must bring his own personal vehicle, no rental proxies allowed.
                    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Working...
                    X