Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFF TOPIC? $75,000 pickup cost per mile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Doozer View Post

Gotta have a man-gina to drive one of those.
    Chuck Norris has one. (The car, not the other thing.)
    Last edited by tomato coupe; 03-01-2022, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• That little thing looks to be about the size as my Honda fit. I'm secure enough in my manhood to drive one, and it would probably do most of the "truck stuff" I use mine for most days anyway. If anybody wanted to challenge me on it, I'm 6' 250, and look like a big bearded biker type, sans tattoos, and there's still some residual muscle underneath the past 10 years of extra insulation lol. I doubt most would say anything. Face to face anyway.... .

I wish we got vehicles like that here, but they'd sadly never sell. I always wanted to get one of the Subaru bajas, but they're past their prime now, and to find one in roadworthy shape would be like a needle in a haystack.

People constantly bitch about high gas prices, but drive the most outrageous gas guzzling vehicles to commute with, just because they want to.

Comment

• That little Mighty Boy can just cruise in to a parking space while the fancy trucks are rumbling bye looking for a place to roost.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Artful Bodger View Post
          That little Mighty Boy can just cruise in to a parking space while the fancy trucks are rumbling bye looking for a place to roost.
          Yes but most real truck drivers know how to park.
          Look at a narrow dock to back into for 2 seconds,
          memorize what it looks like, then pull ahead and
          proceed to back up into it.
          Skills is what separates the men from the boys.

--D
          DZER

Comment

Yes but most real truck drivers know how to park.
            Unsupported generalization.

Comment

• Hard to keep a CDL if you can't back up.

-D
              DZER

Comment

• Originally posted by The Artful Bodger View Post
                Unsupported generalization.

BS, it is completely factual. The CDL test *requires* minimum backup of 100 feet in a dead straight line or you don't pass the test nor will you get a license.
                25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

• I've pulled a lot of "B" train doubles and it does take a bit of finesse to back them up and some guys never get it. Kind of like pushing a pig by the tail initially until you learn.
                  I don't believe they are allowed, viably at least, in most US states without being severely penalized due to weight restrictions as they gross out at 140,000 lbs.
                  I know they are legal in Canada, Washington state and Michigan but I believe that's it for the lower 48.

Anyway a link to a short video below from Can. showing a guy that knows his stuff. He does a very nice job without wasting any moves, and from his blind side to boot!

Our videos aim to help all the truck drivers by educating and promoting safe driving among all drivers.Every clip in this video contains significant editing ...
                  Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                  Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

• Originally posted by tomato coupe View Post

Technically, you're (half) correct. Your Ranger has a bigger payload than the F150 Raptor, an off-road racing truck. But the Raptor has more towing capacity, and every other configuration of F150 has both higher payload and higher towing capacity.
                    Missed your response....

But, not so fast..... apparently you are not quite correct in your facts.

Payload:

3l powerstroke diesel 1840 lb (a small amount less than the Ranger)

3.3l V6 1985 lb. A small amount (7%) more than the Ranger

The 2019 3.5l had 1520 lb capacity, significantly less than the 1860 lb of the 2019 Ranger (and roughly equal to the old 2000 S10, which was ~~1490lb).

Towing:

3.3l V6 8200lb about 10% more than the Ranger. For 2019, same year as the Ranger, 7700 vs 7500lb, basically identical.

So, they do have roughly the same capacities in the "overlap" area.

https://www.martinfordsales.com/rese...g.html#payload

None of this matters in the slightest, but there it is.
                    CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
                    Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
                    Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
                    I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
                    Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Hard to keep a CDL if you can't back up.

-D
                      CDL required to drive your 'pickup truck'?
                      Last edited by The Artful Bodger; 03-01-2022, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post

BS, it is completely factual. The CDL test *requires* minimum backup of 100 feet in a dead straight line or you don't pass the test nor will you get a license.
                        Yeabut who needs a CDL to drive a fancy pickup truck?

Comment

• Yeabut who needs a MightyBoy because they can't park a full size vehicle ?
                          DZER

Comment

• If you think a MightyBoy is a pickup truck
                            then you probably think Bruce Jenner is a woman too, right ?

--Doozer
                            DZER

Comment

Yeabut who needs a MightyBoy because they can't park a full size vehicle ?
                              So, on the one hand we might have someone who drives a Mighty Boy because he thinks he could not handle an F450 and on the other hand we have someone who cannot handle a Mighty Boy so he drives a Dodge Mega Ram!

Comment

• Originally posted by J Tiers View Post

Missed your response....

But, not so fast..... apparently you are not quite correct in your facts.

Payload:

3l powerstroke diesel 1840 lb (a small amount less than the Ranger)

3.3l V6 1985 lb. A small amount (7%) more than the Ranger

The 2019 3.5l had 1520 lb capacity, significantly less than the 1860 lb of the 2019 Ranger (and roughly equal to the old 2000 S10, which was ~~1490lb).

Towing:

3.3l V6 8200lb about 10% more than the Ranger. For 2019, same year as the Ranger, 7700 vs 7500lb, basically identical.

So, they do have roughly the same capacities in the "overlap" area.

https://www.martinfordsales.com/rese...g.html#payload

None of this matters in the slightest, but there it is.
                                I'm looking at present (2022) models, not 3-year-old models, and definitely not out of production models (the 3l powerstroke).

Comment

Working...
                                X