OT: Another note about Samsung

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Another note about Samsung

I have a refrigerator from Samsung that has years of complaints against it and even a class-action lawsuit that beyond all belief, lost. The Refrigerator section isn't able to defrost properly, and eventually ices up completely. I bought the fridge for $100 because of the issue, and then added a second heating element that fixed it, and it's been great ever since.

What is interesting is that when I bought it two years ago, there were many posts regarding the problem and samsung's lack of response. They insisted that there was no issue. I mean LOTS of complaints. I was talking to someone a couple months ago about Samsung, and went to show him the forum posts. They are all gone! Samsung rebuilt the forums and deleted every single one of the complaints about the fridge. I won't be buying any new appliances from them because of that.

Perhaps you should post your complaints and experience on https://www.pissedconsumer.com/. Or maybe on Amazon. Also keep copies of such posts on your computer so they won't get "censored" or deleted.
    http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
    Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
    USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Everyone that I know who have purchased a Samsung appliance have had nothing but problems! Washers, dryers, stoves, refrigerators, dish washers, everything that says Samsung has quickly broken down.

Comment

Originally posted by barracudajoe View Post
        Everyone that I know who have purchased a Samsung appliance have had nothing but problems! Washers, dryers, stoves, refrigerators, dish washers, everything that says Samsung has quickly broken down.
        Don't they make cell/smart phones? if so how do they compare to the competition ?

thanks for the heads up on the company geeze they sound like bottom of the barrel...

Comment

I've had 2 Samsung phones. I have zero complaints. I'd still be on the first on if I didn't put my heal through the screen....To it's credit is still worked for about another 2-3 months with a shattered screen, when it fell off the couch and hit directly on the corner of the case and that was all she wrote. Pretty sturdy little device, and it was dropped probably a hundred times like that prior without a hiccup. The new one is proving to be just as durable. I'd buy another Samsung phone without hesitation (I've owned iphones, and blackberrys too). Samsung/android has been my fav. I'm looking to pickup an old samsung smart watch for golf this summer.

I wouldn't however buy another Samsung appliance, after the dishwasher experience, and all I've read about online. Doesn't surprise me they've scrubbed the web of negativity. I know a couple that has recently renovated their entire house and went with all samsung appliances. Their still in the honeymoon stage, but I'm curious how many issue they'll have over the long term.

Samsung appliances remind me a lot of Polaris powersports. Cheap initial purchase price compared to competitors, but you get what you pay for. Long term cost of ownership will be significantly higher than other brands.

I think it's tough in this day and age to buy any long term quality appliance. They're not made to pass down to your kids anymore. They're made to price points, and to last just long enough that you perceive to got a good deal and buy another. If if you think you got ripped you'll go to another brand, which you'd think you're hurting the company, but for every person that switches brands because of a bad apple, there's another one coming the other way. They got us.

I researched fridges for weeks before buy our Frigidaire. It seemed like one of the best out there in it's class (french door, bottom freezer with doorwater/ice), but I know it'll be pushing it to last over 10 years. Not like the 40 years old whirlpool it replaced. It's a different game now. Seems like a complete waste of resources.

Comment

Our neighbors have all Samsung in their kitchen. Most of the devices have had service calls. The over-the-stove microwave was replaced twice for failing, and finally the dealer said they would no longer honor the warranty. Nice.

Fridge had issues, I don;t know just what, and it is the most poorly laid out POS I have ever seen. It's huge, but there seems never to be room in it. Something about how the shelves are sized and located.

IIRC, the dishwasher has never given a problem, but the stove has.

We will be re-doing our kitchen, but I will never have a piece of that crap in my house if I can avoid it!
            CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Samsung must ship all its second tier stuff to the States. 😊 I've had nothing but good luck with Samsung
              monitors, cell phones and other appliances. Whenever I'm looking for something new they're always the
              brand I check out first...
              Keith

Comment

Gee we have had our Samsung refrigerator the SS $1400 one for years, zero issues. Stove same way zero issues? I have never in 15 years dropped any cell phone, (yet) but perhaps you should keep your landline.

There are usually two grades of appliances sold, builder grade and normal retail. When you buy a new house and it comes with all new appliances I wonder which grade you got?
                Last edited by wmgeorge; 03-02-2022, 08:59 AM.
                Retired - Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter - Master Electrician

Comment

I’m about to buy an LG dryer, any complaints with those?

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                    I’m about to buy an LG dryer, any complaints with those?
                    We buy everything at Lowes and for a DW purchased a Bosch, 10 years plus zero issues.
                    Retired - Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter - Master Electrician

Comment

Consumer Reports lists several models of LG washers and dryers as the best among all other manufacturers.
                      We have Samsung kitchen range and microwave for 10 years with no major issues.

Comment

I love my Samsung phone, and it's basically all I'll buy. I guess the appliances might be different. The complaint I'm talking about was with a specific model of frige though. My decision not to buy appliances from them is based on how that was handled.

Comment

I have had horrible luck with a samsung TV, surround sound system and a blue-ray player. All died within a few months of the warranty running out. There is a Samsung repair depot 20 minutes from my house, not sure what they repair there cause they told me with all three of the above items that there is no serviceable parts...
                          I tossed the blue ray and surround sound and repaired the plasma TV myself with a new motherboard bought off of ebay which died again a few years later, it has been binned now too.
                          They will never get any of my business again, Korean garbage.
                          Jon

Comment

Are the problems with Samsung appliances more common with recent models? We have a 10 year old front loader washer/dryer set that has been pretty good. (We're on well/septic, so low water consumption was important.)
                            The washer had/has the same stinky door seal issue that many manufacturers had, so we just prop the door open to keep it dry.
                            The heater element in the dryer conked out after 6 or 7 years - bit of pain to change, but good ever since...

Comment

I have a Samsung phone; have had a couple. No complaints with those. Not very fond of the Samsung oven the old lady bought though. Oven has all kinds of quirks. Not but a couple years old. I have got it working okay again with a new ignitor but shouldn't have to replace that in only two years. Don't like the way it functions either. It sends power to the ignitor and gets it glowing but won't turn on the gas unless it has a certain resistance, even if it's glowing red hot. So very uneven cooking temperatures, lots of ups and downs, food takes forever to cook, etc. And the ignitors are $100ish a pop! I'm seriously considering adding a bit of resistance in parallel to bring that limit down a bit if it keeps up.
                              Last edited by eKretz; 03-02-2022, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X