Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chipmaker4130
    replied
    RB, you'll likely be happy with the LG. We bought a large capacity LG washer several years ago. It was (to me) very expensive, but it gets worked a lot and still no problems. Our dryer is a Maytag that just won't quit! When it does, I think we'll replace it with an LG.

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    Well, my LG dryer will be here in 4 days. Y'all will be first to know if it sucks. Same one my neighbors bought, they seem to always buy good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Alciatore
    replied
    If you really want to insure that they do not get deleted, you should keep them where they are not internet accessible. There are people who can get past almost any security so having them on a thumb drive in the desk drawer is a lot better than a million dollars of protection software.

Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
    Perhaps you should post your complaints and experience on https://www.pissedconsumer.com/. Or maybe on Amazon. Also keep copies of such posts on your computer so they won't get "censored" or deleted.

Leave a comment:

• JoeLee
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeWI View Post
    I have a refrigerator from Samsung that has years of complaints against it and even a class-action lawsuit that beyond all belief, lost. The Refrigerator section isn't able to defrost properly, and eventually ices up completely. I bought the fridge for $100 because of the issue, and then added a second heating element that fixed it, and it's been great ever since.

What is interesting is that when I bought it two years ago, there were many posts regarding the problem and samsung's lack of response. They insisted that there was no issue. I mean LOTS of complaints. I was talking to someone a couple months ago about Samsung, and went to show him the forum posts. They are all gone! Samsung rebuilt the forums and deleted every single one of the complaints about the fridge. I won't be buying any new appliances from them because of that.
    I'm not at all surprised. I've seen that happen before. When a product starts to get too many negative reviews the company pulls the review post or locks it.

JL...............

Leave a comment:

• J Tiers
    replied
    Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post

Lucky Goldstar rebranded themselves LG to try and escape their poor reputation.
    Have they greatly improved their reliability?
    LG phone here going on 8 years old now, still working fine, and the battery even has good life still. For electronics both LG and Samsung seem OK.

It's when you mix electronics and mechanical stuff that they go bad. Like the dehumidifier here. LG, it worked for 6 years, then blew the compressor capacitor. Replaced that , and a year + after that the compressor itself quit. Cap was still good, but compressor and overload switch were fried.

Previous cheap US made unit lasted 20+ years.

Leave a comment:

• SLK001
    replied
    Originally posted by RB211 View Post
    I’m about to buy an LG dryer, any complaints with those?
    I replaced my 35 year old Kenmore (what a piece of crap - only lasting 35 years!) with an LG high efficiency front loading washer and dryer pair in 2009. I use it once a week and I have had no problems with it.

Leave a comment:

• old mart
    replied
    After having had the last two 8 Kilo front loaders drum bearings fail without any other faults, I bought a Samsung 9 Kilo washing machine hoping that the bearing was a different design. It has performed faultlessly for 2 years so far, but the others both lasted 6 years. All I can do is keep my fingers crossed. Their SSD's for computers do have a very good reputation.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Dubeau
    replied
    I had an lg monitor quite after a few months out of warranty about 10 years ago. But I'm staring at another lg monitor from about that same time frame that has been trouble free.

I think with a lot of things it's complete luck of the draw sometimes. Everybody makes a lemon once in a while. It's when the trend starts to be noticeable that it becomes a problem.

Same thing with the car companies. They all make good stuff, and they all make junk.

Leave a comment:

• reggie_obe
    replied
    Lucky Goldstar rebranded themselves LG to try and escape their poor reputation.
    Have they greatly improved their reliability?

Leave a comment:

• gellfex
    replied
    Originally posted by eKretz View Post
    I have a Samsung phone; have had a couple. No complaints with those. Not very fond of the Samsung oven the old lady bought though. Oven has all kinds of quirks. Not but a couple years old. I have got it working okay again with a new ignitor but shouldn't have to replace that in only two years. Don't like the way it functions either. It sends power to the ignitor and gets it glowing but won't turn on the gas unless it has a certain resistance, even if it's glowing red hot. So very uneven cooking temperatures, lots of ups and downs, food takes forever to cook, etc. And the ignitors are $100ish a pop! I'm seriously considering adding a bit of resistance in parallel to bring that limit down a bit if it keeps up.
    I've replaced igniters in many ranges but I could not solve the similar issues i had to yours in a decade old GE, and had to trash it. OEM igniters are the biggest racket. For the price of a piece of metal embedded in a block of ceramic you can literally buy a functional smartphone or a tabletop microwave. I get the $10-20 ones from Amazon.

Leave a comment:

• gellfex
    replied
    13 years in with the LG dryer, just had to replace the washer, spider went, probably the bearing seal went allowing it to corrode. Endemic in front loaders.

I'll never get a a Samsung again. Great features, terrible service, and as noted, denial there's chronic problems. My Samsung fridge is on it's 3rd motherboard, I replaced the defrost heater myself. They actually don't make the part available by itself, even though it's notorious for failing. you have to buy it and the entire evaporator unit together!

The most fun thing about the fridge is that it totally lies about the temp on the display. It shows the setpoint rather than the actual temp unless you've just power cycled it. So you don't know the defrost has failed and the coil is iced till the milk goes bad or the beer seems warm.

Leave a comment:

• J Tiers
    replied
    Originally posted by YukonHam View Post
    Are the problems with Samsung appliances more common with recent models? We have a 10 year old front loader washer/dryer ............................
    This^^^ is exactly on-point.

People jump in without thinking and say "I've had my <insert bad brand name> for 20 years (or 10 years) without problems". They never stop to think that you cannot BUY that model from 10 or 20 years ago, which may not even have been made in the same country as the new ones.

Designs, processes, factories, and entire companies change, are bought out, companies move production, etc. The thing the person has had for 15 years is NOT representative of anything you can buy now.

The new products from a previously good company can be complete crap.

As they say in the stock market biz, past performance is no guarantee of future gains.

Leave a comment:

• eKretz
    replied
    I have a Samsung phone; have had a couple. No complaints with those. Not very fond of the Samsung oven the old lady bought though. Oven has all kinds of quirks. Not but a couple years old. I have got it working okay again with a new ignitor but shouldn't have to replace that in only two years. Don't like the way it functions either. It sends power to the ignitor and gets it glowing but won't turn on the gas unless it has a certain resistance, even if it's glowing red hot. So very uneven cooking temperatures, lots of ups and downs, food takes forever to cook, etc. And the ignitors are $100ish a pop! I'm seriously considering adding a bit of resistance in parallel to bring that limit down a bit if it keeps up.
    Last edited by eKretz; 03-02-2022, 11:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• YukonHam
    replied
    Are the problems with Samsung appliances more common with recent models? We have a 10 year old front loader washer/dryer set that has been pretty good. (We're on well/septic, so low water consumption was important.)
    The washer had/has the same stinky door seal issue that many manufacturers had, so we just prop the door open to keep it dry.
    The heater element in the dryer conked out after 6 or 7 years - bit of pain to change, but good ever since...

Leave a comment:

• Jon Heron
    replied
    I have had horrible luck with a samsung TV, surround sound system and a blue-ray player. All died within a few months of the warranty running out. There is a Samsung repair depot 20 minutes from my house, not sure what they repair there cause they told me with all three of the above items that there is no serviceable parts...
    I tossed the blue ray and surround sound and repaired the plasma TV myself with a new motherboard bought off of ebay which died again a few years later, it has been binned now too.
    They will never get any of my business again, Korean garbage.
    Jon

Leave a comment:

Working...
X