More third world gear making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More third world gear making

Finished product looks not bad because he actually used an involute cutter.
    https://youtu.be/aUBwHvIT_b8

" More third world gear making"

I dont what that means. "Third World? "

Dude? A lil out of place.... Do you even know where Georaphily where the third World is?

Fuk that talk IMO. Next. JR

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post
      " More third world gear making"

I dont what that means. "Third World? "

Dude? A lil out of place.... Do you even know where Georaphily where the third World is?

Fuk that talk IMO. Next. JR

I agree. These people do a great job with what they got to work with.
      Nev.

Comment

If you have trouble understanding the title, I highly suggest go visiting these countries. It'll help you understand what third world means and will greatly enhance your appreciation for where you live.

Comment

I've been to a lot of them JR. And based on this I have to agree with RB.
          How about new neighbourhoods with genuine houses. And the sewer pipe empties into the street. Simply brilliant.

Best is the new precision involute cutter grinder.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	grind.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1994436
          Last edited by I make chips; 03-31-2022, 08:06 AM.

Comment

I didn't see anything wrong with the phrase "third world". It isnt a place, and it isn't necessarily derogatory.

Ed
            For just a little more, you can do it yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post
              ". Do you even know where Georaphily where the third World is?

I don't think anybody does,,, and if they do they should probably check into an emergency room....

Comment

We need a drinking emoji!!!

Comment

Check that video at about 16:12, where the guy is sharpening the form cutter by grinding on the outside of the formed shape You can see the ground areas on the cutter.

The way they are supposed to be sharpened is to grind on the face of each section. It would be kinda OK if he was comparing it to a template, which would mean he was changing the shape to be a different cutter number intentionally, but that's not what he seems to be doing.

He also does not seem to be making it into a roughing cutter, since he is not grinding it enough, and also they don't seem to use roughing cutters.
                  CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

And take that arbor off that poor KT, lay it on the road and have a truck drive over it. It's the approved straightening procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by I make chips View Post
                      I've been to a lot of them JR. And based on this I have to agree with RB.
                      How about new neighbourhoods with genuine houses. And the sewer pipe empties into the street. Simply brilliant.

Best is the new precision involute cutter grinder.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	grind.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1994436
                      Ever been to Alabama? Does that make it a 'third world'?

Comment

Originally posted by vectorwarbirds View Post

Ever been to Alabama? Does that make it a 'third world'?
                        There's an Oklahoma joke in there too im sure... Oklahoma is not "OK" there's something way way off there lol

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                          Check that video at about 16:12, where the guy is sharpening the form cutter by grinding on the outside of the formed shape You can see the ground areas on the cutter.

The way they are supposed to be sharpened is to grind on the face of each section. It would be kinda OK if he was comparing it to a template, which would mean he was changing the shape to be a different cutter number intentionally, but that's not what he seems to be doing.

He also does not seem to be making it into a roughing cutter, since he is not grinding it enough, and also they don't seem to use roughing cutters.
                          Im not positive that the cutter you see being ground by hand has anything to do with what was being cut in this video.

I say this because I saw that exact same clip of the guy sharpening the cutter in a completely different video where they were making something else. It may have also not had anything to do with the video I saw it in either.

I think it is just some random clip that gets “edited” into videos.

Comment

What I have learned from these videos is what these guys lack in safety gear, they make up for with “cheater bars” on things.

Comment

Originally posted by oxford View Post

Im not positive that the cutter you see being ground by hand has anything to do with what was being cut in this video.

I say this because I saw that exact same clip of the guy sharpening the cutter in a completely different video where they were making something else. It may have also not had anything to do with the video I saw it in either.

I think it is just some random clip that gets “edited” into videos.
                              Could be. But it's the same guy apparently. Same shirt anyhow.......

There is no reason to grind like that unless you are making some other item out of the cutter. I have a bunch of gear cutters that were reground into roughers / gashers, or cutters for other shapes.

I did notice that later he is shown trying it in the gear that is being cut. But he only sticks it in there, and does not check for gaps etc. And he does not even clean the chips first, which are all over the place.

I think they DO sharpen that way. It fits the gear maybe because that cutter in use was sharpened the same way! Wild.

I suppose the result "could" be like making a cutter by the "disk" method that Sir John (and others) have shown. But then the wheel would have to be the exact size for that cutter number.

What's the odds of them doing that? You saw the arbor, and the setup that looked like it was shaking around... I don't think that was all camera shake.
                              Last edited by J Tiers; 03-31-2022, 05:34 PM.
                              CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Working...
                              X