Farm hitch project(lots of pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Tom,
    Tractor wheelbase is right at 10’ as well. No brakes on the wagon but tractor weighs near double the full trailer. Implement is 20’ wide so making a lightbulb turn in a headland involves some hard turning with turn brakes. Trailer will get whipped around like a rag doll on rough and or soft ground. Just hard to predict the loads…..these guys could break a hammer.

IF there is a problem I expect it will start with the bolts working loose.

Wagon looks like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	C2B7223E-6DBA-438B-A0F2-4CD882E57D39.jpg Views:	0 Size:	16.8 KB ID:	1995693
    Last edited by SVS; 04-05-2022, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Nice, great looking shop too....large with some serious machines!
      in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Towing 2000 gal Anhydrous Ammonia wagon pretty common in these parts,mostly Fall applied.Sometimes if operator turns to sharp at end of field tank can flip over on its side,not real common but does happen.The large farms sometimes tows 2-2000 gal on low profile wagons.

Comment

Starting to see the dual tank trailers here too. I’d kinda hate to go back to NH3 but the cost and freight savings are tempting.

Comment

Originally posted by SVS View Post
            Starting to see the dual tank trailers here too. I’d kinda hate to go back to NH3 but the cost and freight savings are tempting.
            Our farm was using NH3 from 1967-2015 and switched to 46 being floated on and incorporated in.This past fall got a 52’ Bourgault rigged up for NH3,so back on the juice and looking forward to seeing results.

Comment

Working...
            X