Mini vice found while cleaning up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini vice found while cleaning up.

While cleaning up in my workshop, I again fell into the hands of a small vise that I built during my apprenticeship as a machinist.
    The part was only slightly tarnished, so I only removed the flats on an emery board.
    The part fits very well with my Pillar Tool.
    The spindle has a M 10 thread.
    The guide pins are 6 mm thick.
    The base plate has a thickness of 8 mm and the total height of the part is 24 mm.

Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht  Name: Lehrzeit (1).jpg Ansichten: 0 Größe: 799,1 KB ID: 1995511

Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht  Name: Lehrzeit (7).jpg Ansichten: 0 Größe: 863,3 KB ID: 1995512

Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht  Name: Lehrzeit (13).jpg Ansichten: 0 Größe: 912,6 KB ID: 1995513 Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht  Name: DSCN1134.jpg Ansichten: 0 Größe: 634,8 KB ID: 1995514

Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht  Name: DSCN1136.jpg Ansichten: 0 Größe: 930,5 KB ID: 1995515
    Last edited by Bruno Mueller; 04-05-2022, 06:49 AM.
    Many greetings from the southwest of Germany.
    Bruno
    http://www.mueller-bruno.de

very nice

Comment

Nicely made, good proportions. I like the double V.
      Only one fastener holds the fixed jaw in place, or it it pinned as well?

Comment

I like that Bruno. Looks very handy.

Comment

That things high quality and looks like it would come in handy for multiple sizes of square holding... Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post
            Looks like 1 screw in the middle and 2 pins on the sides
            Helder Ferreira
            Setubal, Portugal

Comment

It would be dandy for holding square or round pieces end up. But that's pretty specific. No option for holding much else. You clearly made it with a very set use in mind. Is it just for square or round being held accurately on end?
              Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Nice design and well built Bruno,my Heinrich 30 8” Drill Press Vise built similar with sliding portion held captive in round shafts and it works great!

Comment

Don't you love it when you find something that's actually useful-
                  I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

That's a real nifty vise. I particularly like the badge on the movable jaw. How was that done? Stamp? Engraving?
                    Paul A.
                    SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                    You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Nice work!
                      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post
                        The fixed jaw is screwed in the center with a screw and additionally pinned with two pins.

Bruno

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
                          That's a real nifty vise. I particularly like the badge on the movable jaw. How was that done? Stamp? Engraving?
                          The logo was engraved with a stork's beak - pantograph from a self-made template.
                          Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht  Name: DSCN1001.jpg Ansichten: 0 Größe: 826,2 KB ID: 1996058

The vice was a workpiece during my apprenticeship as a machinist. I have attached the logo only now.
                          The vise lay dusty in a back corner of my workshop for a very long time. By chance, it fell into my hands again when cleaning up. I thought to myself, - The would do well on my Pillar Tool.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Lehrzeit (5).jpg
Views:	159
Size:	945.3 KB
ID:	1996059
                          Last edited by Bruno Mueller; 04-08-2022, 06:42 AM.
                          Bruno

Comment

The underside of the vise. I have added two screws to the one screw and the two pins.
                            Here I have also engraved my logo. You can also see my personnel number from my apprenticeship (903).
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1137.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	812.9 KB
ID:	1996065
                            Bruno

Comment

Working...
                            X