Who says you can't get a good deal on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who says you can't get a good deal on Ebay

I picked up this 10 inch Bison 4 jaw chuck the other day on eBay. The seller stated that it was in good working order. When I got it I was surprised to see that it had never been used or mounted. The chuck has some surface rust from sitting around but that's not much of a problem to fix and make like new.

I paid $325.00 which included $150 for shipping

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2800.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	888.8 KB
ID:	1995553 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2799.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	685.1 KB
ID:	1995554

It pays to be patient.

Well done.

Comment

I have got lots of bargains on ebay, by setting for recently added items and also coming across things that were either unknown or put in the wrong category. I got a NOS Toolmex 6" four jaw independent for £100 and a 100mm Bison vise with swivel base also NOS for the same price. I only once had to pay the full price for carbide inserts, £50 for a box of tiny inserts for a 6mm Garant solid carbide boring bar that I had picked up for £16, the inserts are proprietry, but excellent for all types of metal.
      Those tee slots in the larger four jaws are useful for using the body as a faceplate or for balance weights.
      Last edited by old mart; 04-05-2022, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Check out SmallToolsInc on ebay.
        Deals on chucks that will make you cry.

I picked up the very same 10" Bison 4 jaw chuck
        brand new from a local machine dealer. $280.
        Check out Jon Hebert if you are in the Charlotte
        NC area.

--D
        DZER

Comment

Originally posted by skipd1 View Post

It pays to be patient.
          Yes it does. I was wanting to get a right angle head for my Excello 602 mill. The quill size is a 1/16” or 1/8” bigger on the 602 over a Bridgeport so not really any options out there. I was about prepared to pick up one up sized for a Briggy and bore it out to fit the 602 when a factory Excello one popped up on ebay.

Buy it now was probably worth it but more than I really wanted to pay at the time, so I sent a low offer on it. It got declined and the listing ended with no buyers. It got relisted and I offered the same amount again, declined and listing ended. After about the 3rd or 4th time of this he accepted my offer.

Comment

Nice. The shipping is killer these days.

Comment

I just took a gambleish on a cxa tool post on eBay. Listed as "unmarked, possible import". I looked over the pictures for an hour and it looks to be an aloris as far as I can tell. Excited to have a closer inspection. Even if it isn't an aloris it is a tool post I need/want for my 14" lathe. Even if it is an import I didn't pay any more than I would have for a new import.
              Andy

Comment

Originally posted by polaraligned View Post
                The shipping is killer these days.
                I hadn't realised that internal shipping in the USA is as expensive as the international shipping charges which result in my never buying anything from America.

Your exporters must be finding life hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Burch View Post

I hadn't realised that internal shipping in the USA is as expensive as the international shipping charges which result in my never buying anything from America.

Your exporters must be finding life hard.
                  I sent a pair of 5" speakers to New Zealand last month. The guy paid over $500 for the shipping via UPS, but they are rare speakers from a 1930's radio and he needed them to complete the set. I probably could have shipped them anywhere in the US for $50 or less.

Comment

Originally posted by skipd1 View Post
                    I paid $325.00 which included $150 for shipping
                    Nice. The shipping is killer these days.
                    Originally posted by Mike Burch View Post

I sent a pair of 5" speakers to New Zealand last month. The guy paid over $500 for the shipping via UPS, but they are rare speakers from a 1930's radio and he needed them to complete the set. I probably could have shipped them anywhere in the US for $50 or less.
                    UPS Simple Rate is still reasonable - based on size only, up to a cubic foot & less than 50lbs (which excludes 10" chuck). From $9.45 to $24.30: https://www.ups.com/us/en/support/sh...-shipping.page

Those 2 speakers could have shipped in US for less than $20.

Comment

Working...
                    X