This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Ukrain

You would have to be living on a mountain top without the internet to not know about the Russian war against Ukraine and all the Russian atrocities that have taken place against them but the Ukrainian people are standing tall and kicking Russian butt. There are a few FUN facts to come out of this.
    1. The Ukrainians have lost about 70 tanks but have captured about 170 (newer then the Ukrainians) as well as around a thousand other vehicles. If the war goes on much longer the Ukrainian army will be completely modernized.
    1. Russian radio communication seems to be on single frequency radios (no frequency hopping) and not encrypted as any other armies would be. Ukrainian ham operators intercept this and then play heavy metal rock on these frequencies to jam the Russian communications.
    1. The men on Snake Island that told the Russian ship to Flock off before sinking it have been rewarded with a postal stamp to commemorate it. It is a picture off a Russian ship standing off of the island with a Ukrainian solder giving them the finger.
    1. The Russian military is having trouble repairing much of its equipment that they need to continue. Most of the missing parts are made in Ukraine. Apparently someone didn’t think this through.
    1. There is a 22 year old woman that joined up to fight the Russians and has become a bit of a heroine. She has shot down two jets and a helicopter. The Ukrainian military is amazed at her “natural” ability at this. Two weeks ago she was in college. PMS and a shoulder fired SAM. Scary!
    The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Yes I do.

Comment

Living in Europe I just hope that the lunatic doesn't have a itchy finger. Apparently he has little or nothing to lose.
      Helder Ferreira
      Setubal, Portugal

Comment

For as long as this post last I will chime in and try not to express my feelings and just stick with the facts of an article I read the other day,,, and I use the term "facts" loosely --- i like everyone else is at the mercy of hoping what I hear is true so take the following with that caution...

Russia's military is in very poor condition - half the vehicles are stalling out due to piss poor maintenance and dry rotted tires, the government is so corrupt that up to 40% of defense spending get's embezzled right off the top by higher ups for their personal gains with no accountability,,,
        and they are starting off with only about 1/10th the budget that we spend to begin with....

They do have a powerful navy with the subs and that one almighty wild card, but their ships are in a state of disrepair - I believe the article stated they only have 1 aircraft carrier and it's damaged ? is this true? their only floating repair dock just sank awhile back...

it seems as if they showed their cards with this one and besides it being a game with "deuces wild" and them having one there's nothing else substantial....

I believe this will go down as one of the hugest blunders of resent history... and that's saying something cuz we've made a few of our own that I would have thought hard to top...

im sickened by all the human suffering, im amazed at the resilience of the Ukrainian people....

Edit; I will add --- there's an old saying " True heart is the strength of Ten " I do believe that's playing out right now....
        Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 04-06-2022, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by loose nut View Post
          [*]The men on Snake Island that told the Russian ship to Flock off before sinking it have been rewarded with a postal stamp to commemorate it. It is a picture off a Russian ship standing off of the island with a Ukrainian solder giving them the finger.
          I totally agree with this post, but, this is a bit of Ukrainian propaganda.

In CBC news this morning,

At the time, Zelensky said "all the border guards died heroically" in the subsequent attack. It seems they were captured, as Ukraine's navy announced a few days later, then released by Russia. The guard who uttered the now-famous line appeared in person to receive a medal last week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	stamp.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	1995763
          Attached Files
          Ukraine is showing its strength at information warfare in the global arena while Russia reveals unexpected weakness at influencing foreign opinion, especially in the West.
          Last edited by RancherBill; 04-06-2022, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RancherBill View Post
            this is a bit of propaganda.
            All of it is, same with Covid. Topics that don’t need to be brought up on this forum.

Comment

Working...
            X