Video test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video test

This I hope is a link to a video of mine. It is nothing about machining, it is just a test to see if I can show you videos from my PC.

https://home.mycloud.com/action/shar...7-1b17fa52c054

John

It worked!
    Cool I like the translator!

Comment

Thanks Sid, sorry about that extra space character but my 'fist' is getting a bit rusty!

Comment

That was real cool,never seen that translated on to a screen.Thanks for Sharing!

Comment

Lets see 25 WPM.

JL................

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
            Lets see 25 WPM.

JL................
            Not from THAT key!

73, KF6R
            There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

Oh yes! Let's hear all those high speed Morse Code stories!

Comment

73, oh2gtk

Comment

FB OM 73s 2U2 Hi Hi

Comment

Looks like a good test.

I noticed that the interior appeared very red while the scene outside the window has a good color balance. I suspect your camera is picking up on the brightest white in the field and balancing to that. Mixing indoor and outside lighting can produce things like that.

I am also setting up to make videos. I am making my own lights using LEDs and am buying the ones with a more blue color temperature (labeled daylight). Their light is closer to outdoor sunlight so you get less of that effect. I have the same color temperature LED tubes in my shop lights so nothing will be fighting for the correct color balance.
                    Paul A.
                    SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                    You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Video works fine, John.

I look forward to working you.

ZL2AUA.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
                        Looks like a good test.

I noticed that the interior appeared very red while the scene outside the window has a good color balance. I suspect your camera is picking up on the brightest white in the field and balancing to that. Mixing indoor and outside lighting can produce things like that.

The area outside the window is all artificial lighting and of course so in the interior of the shack however the shack has deliberate low colour temperature lighting intended to enhance the 'olde worlde' experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Burch View Post
                          Video works fine, John.

I look forward to working you.

ZL2AUA.
                          I need to spend more time on the 'artificial ground' inside the hangar but somehow there are just not enough hours in the day Mike, even worse now we do not have daylight saving time!

Comment

We used to pass notes in school written in morse code. There were 6 of us that did it. Two girls included in the group. Once in a while our teacher would catch us doing it but after the first time of looking at the note they never bothered to take the note and read it again. They would just give us THE look and we knew we were busted and quit for a while. I asked one of the teachers why they never busted us again after the first time. He told us they all thought it was a good use of our brains to learn the morse code and as long as we didn't distract the class they let it pass. He said they all laughed about our ingenuity. We all thought we were so clever!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
                              Lets see 25 WPM.

JL................
                              It was 60 years ago when I passed an Air Force test at 25 WPM but I would need a bit of practice to do it again.

One of the first projects I did when introduced to the Z80 CPU was of course a Morse decoder which worked rather well, but only when it was actually fed true Morse code not some other 'code' invented by a flashy key jockey.

We used to take the Z80 decoder to Ham radio shows etc and invite people to give it a try. Those who sent at 20 WPM usually had no problem but very few of the 'guns' could give a satisfying demonstration of their wonderous skills at 35+ WPM. Of course all agreed the program was at fault but curiously it could read the Creed punched tape machine at 50+!

If I was asked to show what I could do I would wind the speed back to 20 WPM and readily send a limerick or two. I remember a comment which was "You have changed your sending to suit the program!" That was true of course and that was the purpose of the exercise which was to improve one's sending skills.

We used Morse on aviation networks in the South Pacific until about 1975 and at one station if any operator was sending at 25+ and the receiver asked for a repeat that was a serious black mark. The service motto was "Twenty's Plenty".

The decoder program in our museum radio shack is a rather quick and somewhat dirty effort where an Arduino is used as a keyboard emulator sending characters to Windows and this case Notepad for display. USB seems to introduce timing jitters and I expect Windows does too. The demonstrated speed is near the maximum (at least with my sending).
                              Last edited by The Artful Bodger; 04-07-2022, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X