Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from EL Paso, TX .
    Ontario is a big province.
    I miss my fly-in trips from Chapleau and Nakina.

A smaller Harig 6x12 is also a nice SG to fit in a small shop.
    Illigitimi non Carborundum ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    9X49 Birmingham Mill, Reid Model 2C Grinder, 13x40 ENCO GH Lathe, 6X18 Craftsman lathe, Sherline CNC mill, Eastwood TIG200 AC/DC and lots of stuff from 30+ years in the trade and 15.5 in refinery unit operations. Now retired. El Paso, TX

Comment

Welcome, Iโ€™d up my security a bit, โ€˜itโ€™s not funny when it gets emptied out.
      mark

Comment

Welcome from another Ontarian.

Are you also the gentleman on Canadian hobby metalworkers site that makes fly reels? Different usernames. https://canadianhobbymetalworkers.co...ly-reels.1651/

Comment

Originally posted by RSG View Post
          Hi guys!

New here so I thought I would introduce myself. I frequent one other forum which lately seems to be only active in the live steam side (which isn't my thing) so I figured I'd branch out a little.

I predominately make fishing reels in my home shop
          RSG

Very cool, will look forward to seeing your projects.. Welcome. JR

Comment

Welcome RSG! It is always nice to have another member.

I also have a small, crowded shop in my garage. I have had my shop there for about ten years, since I retired, and am still working on fitting everything that I already have. There are a number of old threads on various tips on organizing a shop: you may want to use the SEARCH to find and read them.

Don't worry too much about the grumps, the current crop are really OK. And, in their own way, they are usually helpful. In the past we have had worse.

I too would encourage you to add your location to the information about yourself. The present forum format does not have a designated place for it in the posts but the tag line (signature line) is a good place for it. It can be helpful sometimes to know where a person is when answering a question. That reminds me to check my own tag line.

Anyway, welcome and we await your posts.
            Last edited by Paul Alciatore; 04-12-2022, 04:35 PM.
            Paul A.
            SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
            You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

As the others said WELCOME! There is much good knowledge and information here.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys!
                Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
                  I also have a small, crowded shop in my garage. I have had my shop there for about ten years, since I retired, and am still working on fitting everything that I already have. There are a number of old threads on various tips on organizing a shop: you may want to use the SEARCH to find and read them.

I too would encourage you to add your location to the information about yourself.
                  Thanks for the tips Paul! I'll add my location.

As for small shops and organising, it can be an art....๐Ÿ˜„
                  Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post

Are you also the gentleman on Canadian hobby metalworkers site that makes fly reels?
                    No that's not me but he makes some beautiful reels though!
                    Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by boslab View Post
                      Welcome, Iโ€™d up my security a bit, โ€˜itโ€™s not funny when it gets emptied out.
                      mark
                      Thanks! While the windows and doors are very secure the lock is where things go south. Barrel locks can be "spun" in minutes allowing them to just walk right in. That's why I built this actuated lock so it's on the inside. Makes me feel better knowing if I'm away they'll have a very hard time getting in.

Ontario, Canada

Comment

Iโ€™m so paranoid I park a 4 ton excavator in front of the door, Iโ€™m sure the Cummins starting would be noticed at 3am ( seems the preferred time to steal other peoples stuff)
                        welcome
                        mark

Comment

Originally posted by boslab View Post
                          ( seems the preferred time to steal other peoples stuff)
                          mark
                          Mark, there must be some sort of code that these guys follow as it always between 3:00 and 3:30am around here too! ๐Ÿ™„
                          Ontario, Canada

Comment

I thought I'd already offered my welcome but it's not here... Button failure on my part I guess....

Anyway A Heart Welcome Aboard from the other side of Canada ! ! !
                            Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Welcome RSG I'm sure, like me you will benefit from all the
                              resources here on this forum.
                              olf20 / Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Heron View Post
                                Welcome RSG, where are you from?
                                Canuck here.
                                There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum but it comes at the price of some very verbose know it all's and a lot of grumpy curmudgeons and over critical perfectionists so I would recommend a thick skin and careful validation of a lot of what is stated here.
                                It's a great place, lumps and all.
                                Cheers,
                                Jon
                                Wot? you mean this isn't the verbose know it all and curmudgeon forum?
                                in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X