OT Help in surviving a disaster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plunger View Post
    Thats the thing with the internet . You never know what to believe.
    You're right!! I had seen that "Netherlands first" somewhere and since it was Berkeley, I trusted it. I reviewed the article and it's glaringly wrong. My comment to it:
    "Where in the world do you get the 0.902 Gini wealth index? The Gini link that you provided was for _income_ inequality. The link for _wealth_ inequality is here: https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...ity-by-country. That article has the Netherlands at 0.28!"

Comment

Nothing at all on Australian news about your problems in SA.
      Nev.

Comment

Damn .These floods cost my province 430 deaths with 53 missing . Those missing are gone. Its going to take months to fix some water reticulations. They fixed the water to my area that I get water the most of the time. But eighty percent of the sewer infrastructure is gone. There is **** in every river and the sea is where it all goes.
        And now we have the same bloody flooding. A level ten warning, the highest. We are expected to get between 100 to 250mm in the next 24 hours in an already devastated region.
        I used to love the sound of rain . Now it just stresses me.

Comment

Yussus we are getting hammered. I'm dry for now and the lights are still on for me but all the hard recovery work that has been put in is all gone. This is when it sucks to be a third world country.

Comment

I do hope you come through it ok. Best of luck.
            Southwest Utah

Comment

Seems like somebody dissed Mother Nature. Wishing you the best in a bad situation.
              http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
              Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
              USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
                Seems like somebody dissed Mother Nature. Wishing you the best in a bad situation.
                Thanks Im safe. Its the poorer people Im worried about. They literally live in tin shacks and use the water from the river to cook and clean. There is no available land so they build on the river banks. That's why we had such a high loss of life . Big problem is the stench in some towns from the sewer. But the major problem is social unrest from this. There is no relief funds coming through as its all been stolen.

Comment

Not knowing the availability of water filters in plunger's area,I will state my experience with them. The water system operators in. my little town on the Oregon Coast so much over chlorinate the water, it's beyond my drinkability. So years ago I bought a under sink filtering system that included a partical filter and a carbon filter to take out bacteria and other impurities. The set of filters would last about 4 or 5 months with out need of changing out at the tune of about $35 a set, No Chlorine in my water any more.
                  Then I found out about Ceramic filters. They fit the same system and cost about $60 and last of years, and all you have to do is take them out and scrub them with a brush and re install them. I have used mine for about 8 years now and the are still working great. My bet would be, you could run river water through them and be drinkable. I also have a pair of gravity flow ceramic filters that will do about the same with out any pressure needed.
                  Last edited by lugnut; 05-22-2022, 01:09 PM.

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.
                  Oregon Coast

Comment

Working...
                  X