engineering drawings paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engineering drawings paper

would anyone know of a source in the uk that supplies this drawing paper? also what are these drawing pads known as in the industry?

all i see in the shops is the metric 1mm x 10mm sq A4 pads. these imperial pads are pretty neat, also i like to work in the old imperial measurements
    bill
    Last edited by billyboy; 06-05-2006, 04:59 PM.

Sorry,Bill,being in nz,know nothing about the graph paper,but is that a "sweet pea"slide valve I spot on the pad?I'm building the "metre maid" version,hence it looking so familiar.
    Have you tried a technical drawing supplier for the paper?Or make enquiries at an architect's office,they may be able to point you in the right direction.
    Regards,Hans.
    Hans

Comment

{also i like to work in the old imperial measurements}, yeah, the times they are a changin'. Metric system has no place in the modern world......of course; that's just my personal opinion. Transposing takes up too much valuable time....Sometimes I forget I'm retired so I have more time than money. Have a good day!

Comment

That's known as "cross section grid paper". You should be able to find some in inch. Try an art supply store instead of an ordinary stationers.
        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

It's possible that you got that picture from Lee Valley Tools here in Canada. I use these pads all the time. There is a metric ruler on the right hand side for reference but the grid is 1/4" squares.

( http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...43&cat=1,42936 )

So, if you come up empty in the UK then perhaps you can get a pack sent to you.

Regards,

Geoff

P.S. the postage is a little more reasonable here compared to the UK.

Comment

thanks for the info, i have requested a book to be sent from canada, thanks for the link.

bill

Comment

I have a free program somewhere to print your own graph paper on your paper. Handy to have at midnight. Might still Google one up.
              mark costello-Low speed steel

Comment

Working...
              X