Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vpt
    replied
    Okay okay, you all convinced me. I ordered the quill skirt and will install it.

Leave a comment:

• old mart
    replied
    The skirt would usually be for catching coolant, if you don't need this it won't be missed
    Ignor this, I misread the description.

The mill is even better than I though it would be it rates a gold you suck.
    Last edited by old mart; 06-05-2022, 12:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vpt
    replied
    I realized something after watching some videos. There was no quill skirt in this mill. From what I gather it is to keep junk off the top side of the quill. How crucial is this skirt? Should I get one and install it or just forget about it?

Leave a comment:

• vpt
    replied
    I made some modifications to the back gear housing. I drilled and installed a grease zerk to the back side like you see on some other mills for greasing the back gears obviously. Then where the existing oiler was I put a groove in the base of the gear housing to channel oil from the oiler to the back gear bearings. Just a couple easy and quick mods but I am satisfied that everything will get lube now in the upper end.

Leave a comment:

• vpt
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG5082.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	2002384

Put that on using the quill thingy to align stuff.

Leave a comment:

• vpt
    replied
    Originally posted by junkaddict View Post

Translation,

For a good time, call....
    Worth a call to find out!

Leave a comment:

• RSG
    replied
    Nice score! Cleaning up real nice!

Leave a comment:

• bborr01
    replied
    Originally posted by vpt View Post
    Stray is coming along very nicely! I am very pleased yet with how things are looking with this mill. I wiped off the y axis ways and they are very clean. Not a spec of rust on them. I also wiped down the top end of the knee ways which also looked great! I moved the knee all the way up and the table.all the way forward to help get the ram back in. Everything moved nicely. All the ways that were exposed look nice as well. I don't think I will be pulling the table off or the knee. Just move things from one end to the other and clean up what I can get to.

I do need to get a dial assembly for the y and x axis. I also see one of the copper lines for the oiler system was smashed flat so I will need to replace that. Besides those couple things and that lower belt housing part that should be on the way I think that is all I need for stray.

Well I guess one other thing. I need to run power to strays location and hook up yet another vfd. Lol
    It wouldn't be a bad idea to fix the lube line before you put the table and saddle back on so you can see if the lube ports are plugged up or not.

Leave a comment:

• junkaddict
    replied
    Regarding the oiling tubes, had the same issue on my Frejoth. Also check all the connections where they press in. On mine a few were loose, and more oil went out of the connection than into the ways or screws.

Leave a comment:

• junkaddict
    replied

Translation,

For a good time, call....
    Last edited by junkaddict; 05-27-2022, 05:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• old mart
    replied
    Just remember to remove the old bearing before repairing the hole.

Leave a comment:

• vpt
    replied
    Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
    As SJ would say, "Clumsy Bastard!"
    Funny! That was the exact thought that went threw my head when it happened. Haha

Leave a comment:

• vpt
    replied
    Originally posted by Doc Nickel View Post
    Bore the new hole round to a standard fractional size, and hit up Home Depot or similar for one of those little snap-in chrome hole covers. The next owner will think it's factory.

Doc.
    That is a wonderful idea!

Leave a comment:

• Black Forest
    replied
    As SJ would say, "Clumsy Bastard!"

Leave a comment:

• Doc Nickel
    replied
    Bore the new hole round to a standard fractional size, and hit up Home Depot or similar for one of those little snap-in chrome hole covers. The next owner will think it's factory.

Doc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X