Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JRouche
    replied
    Yeah, I was wrong. I accidently downloaded it twice. So eight gig Byes two minutes. Slow right? Snail Mail JR

Leave a comment:

• mikey553
    replied
    Originally posted by JRouche View Post

Thanks!! Timely also. Yesterday my wife was asking how to print from Word (new computer). I said we dont have word, I didnt pay for it.. So a work around was needed and handled.

Well, we have word now. I have always liked the office package, just got to expensive.. So I bought this. I didnt do any research so hope the keys being dooled out are legit and not the ol ruskies do it
    You are welcome! I have used Word and Excel for many years and do not regret spending $15 for another 5-10 years with it. After that we'll see.
    By the way MS will provide security updates to Office 2021 until October 2026, after that we are on our own.

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied
    Originally posted by mikey553 View Post
    Now I have a functional Office software. Highly recommended!
    Thanks!! Timely also. Yesterday my wife was asking how to print from Word (new computer). I said we dont have word, I didnt pay for it.. So a work around was needed and handled.

Well, we have word now. I have always liked the office package, just got to expensive.. So I bought this. I didnt do any research so hope the keys being dooled out are legit and not the ol ruskies do it

Funny how it only takes about 2 minutes to download 4GB. Shoot, remember the ol dial tone downloads. It would never have happened LOL Thanks. JR

Leave a comment:

• DS_park
    replied
    The spouse needed the real thing so just prior to the OP, I bought and installed the perpetual Office 2021 from Microsoft onto spouses computer. Still had to create a Microsoft account tied to an email to purchase. A little hassle getting it to work without logging on or using the cloud service but its good now.

Been using Apache Open Office myself happily for years though at times there has been some loss of formatting when dealing with docs originating from a MS program. I detest having to be logged on or subscribed to simply use a word processor program. First I have heard of Office Libre, may have to give that one a look see.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Amick
    replied
    Just for clarification. 360 subscription includes all these subprograms and they are cloud based so when a new word or such comes out you are automatically
    updated to the new version.

But as stated you can buy the stand alone which is not cloud based and you own it and obviously is never updated.

And yes, you can buy a 360 cloud based license but you know it's crap when you realize that you have to use the email address that comes
    with the license.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Heron
    replied
    Originally posted by mickeyf View Post
    Office Libre is free, Open Source, and does everything 98% of people expect from MS Office. Been using it for years on both Linux and Windows. Save your $15 for tools 😀 !
    Yup, and it will open and export to all kinds of formats the ms products wont.
    I had to make a PP presentation to deliver to the township council in a delegation last December. I had to do in order to get them to waive 10's of thousands of dollars in assessments they were trying to make me do for a permit to put a driveway into my property up north.
    Libre was able to export the presentation I made into an ms ppt file which the councillors could all open on their windoze machines, was flawless. No need for any of the ms products anymore.
    PS the delegation was a success!
    Jon

Leave a comment:

• polaraligned
    replied
    Originally posted by mikey553 View Post

Microsoft is trying very hard to push its Office 365, which is by subscription only. But they still sell Office 2021 with forever license. That website was Microsoft's. You can download it too - it is free. But when it comes to using it, it asks for an activation. This is where a product key comes into play. I bought a product key (license) and the instructions on how to use it.
    Thanks. I was under the impression that they went subscription only like a lot of other software companies. I too am using 2007 and it works fine for me, at least for now until I am forced to "upgrade" to win 11....

Leave a comment:

• mikey553
    replied
    Originally posted by polaraligned View Post
    I thought Office was by subscription with no perpetual licenses? Did you get a bonus virus from that website?
    Microsoft is trying very hard to push its Office 365, which is by subscription only. But they still sell Office 2021 with forever license. That website was Microsoft's. You can download it too - it is free. But when it comes to using it, it asks for an activation. This is where a product key comes into play. I bought a product key (license) and the instructions on how to use it.

Leave a comment:

• skunkworks
    replied
    They still sell a stand alone office..

Leave a comment:

• polaraligned
    replied
    I thought Office was by subscription with no perpetual licenses? Did you get a bonus virus from that website?

Leave a comment:

• mikey553
    replied
    Not sure where license keys are coming from, but they appear at least half legit and they work. I have no pity for Microsoft and I am not going to subscribe to their Windows 365. When time comes years from now I may consider other routes, but for now I am happy with the deal.
    By the way, Ebay is full of penny offerings for Office 2021 from Europe, mostly from Germany. I would not get any of them however, I do not need trouble with my credit card.

Leave a comment:

• mickeyf
    replied
    Office Libre is free, Open Source, and does everything 98% of people expect from MS Office. Been using it for years on both Linux and Windows. Save your $15 for tools 😀 !

Leave a comment:

• RancherBill
    replied
    I'd bet they are OEM license keys for dealers or OEMs that pre-install a bundle of software to their customer's computers.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Amick
    replied
    I have always done the ebay licenses for Office, Windows, and others. It has always been illegal to sell these (ebay policy) so you had to be quick and
    grap them before they were taken down. Now they must have changed things and you don't see them at all now.

But interestingly, the vendors I bought from have been mailing me directly saying they are still selling privately.

Leave a comment:

• psomero
    replied
    Get them while you can. They are not obeying their volume licensing agreement with MS which most likely prohibits these kinds of sales to randos on the internet.
    You can usually find a similar type of deal with Windows seats. I was aware of someone who did this on ebay and "they don't do that any more" -- presumably because the nice MS lawyers commanded them to stop or else.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X