Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sch
    replied
    Years ago when I spent several summers as a post office fill in, I found that bulk mail catalogs and magazines were always sent bundled and pre-sorted by zip/subzip
    directly to the local PO distribution site
    from which the delivery types sorted the incoming mail into a large number of boxes for each address on their route. The bundled magazines/catalogs were broken
    down to single copies only at that point, so the risk was mainly to the outer most magazines/catalogs in the bundle until they were broken for the carriers to sort to
    the address, so the vast majority of damage occurs when your carrier sorts or delivers.

Leave a comment:

• lynnl
    replied
    I've had continuous subscriptions to at least one, and usually both, (HSM and MW) magazines since the late 90s, and don't recall ever receiving one in other than pristine condition, regardless of the shipping protection.

But this reminds me of a related situation: Years ago, for several years, I got sales catalogs from outdoor sports provider, Gander Mountain....at least 2 or 3 a year. EVERY SINGLE ONE came with the cover and a few of the outer pages badly torn and mangled. Only those Gander Mountain mailings came torn and tattered like that.
    That was always a mystery. Was it their shipping point? Or a mail distribution center on their end? Did my zip code put mine at the top or bottom of a stack? One every now and then ...OK, that's to be expected I guess. But this was ALWAYS the case with that publication. I think they came from Minnesota, or somewhere in the Great Lakes area.

Leave a comment:

• chip's
    replied
    George, Thanks from me as well. It is nice to have it covered. It also prevents it from getting all messed up in the mail. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Old School
    replied
    I am also Thankful for the change back to the covers as I was one of the first ones to bring this up. George was on it and gave an answer as to why it was changed but still didn't get it for cost reasons, but I am not in that kind of business. The extra protection is still worth it and again THANKS

Leave a comment:

• Paul Alciatore
    replied
    Thanks George, I also appreciate those plastic covers. I am even willing to pay a bit more to keep them.

Leave a comment:

• J Tiers
    replied
    I noticed the envelope was back also, and I also thank you for it.

So far, the mags actually have arrived OK when bare, but I have had other things pretty well shredded when edges got turned up and caught in the works somewhere in the USPS.

Leave a comment:

• George Bulliss
    replied
    Thanks so much for taking the time to mention it. I had a ton of mail after the change, none of it good. It took some doing but we got things changed back. I can't always satisfy the customers, but I do listen and I do try. Every once in a while I manage to get lucky!

Leave a comment:

• portlandRon
    started a topic Subscriptions

Subscriptions

Just wanted to thank Home Shop Machinist for going back to the protective plastic mailer covers for the magazine.
    My magazine is once again arriving in good condition.

Thank you.
Working...
X