Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you still get that "Wow, I did it!" feeling ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI Guys - Thanks for the comments. Let me know what you think, Alan. TTT - A matchbox semi-auto sounds pretty cool. He must have been a very good craftsman!
    Kansas City area

Comment

I still get an enormous thrill when one of my engines first draws breath and decides to run on it's own. Doesn't matter if it's a steam engine or a gasoline engine. For that first few moments that an engine runs, I know how God felt when he created Adam!!!---Brian
      Brian Rupnow
      Design engineer
      Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by brian Rupnow View Post
        I still get an enormous thrill when one of my engines first draws breath and decides to run on it's own. Doesn't matter if it's a steam engine or a gasoline engine. For that first few moments that an engine runs, I know how God felt when he created Adam!!!---Brian
        I totally like the satisfaction of when an internal combustion engine fires up.
        Air, fuel, compression, and spark are a trick to get all lined up and working right.
        An external combustion engine to me is just an air cylinder and a valve.
        Nothing special at all. But everyone is different.

-D
        DZER

Comment

In these days of aging, slowly losing everything, I am happy with small things that go right. My home is encased in metal roof and walls and it is hard for a radio signal to penetrate. An antenna with coax lead in to wireless repeater did the trick for internet and cell service. After a few years of garage door not opening until ten feet away, I installed an outdoor antenna on it. It was from the bag phone days with a strong magnet base to mount atop a vehicle. The coax lead was just the right length to wire nut to existing antenna. Now it opens from a block away.

Comment

Working...
          X