No announcement yet.

Lathe rescue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good work! I bet you will like it, it's a "REAL" lathe! Even Doozer would have to admit that.

You can do a lot of good work on a worn lathe. I know, because that's the only kind I have ever worked with! I agree with the advice to use it and see how it is. If you do not turn long things, even a very worn lathe can be just fine.
    4357 2773 5647 3671 3645 0087 1276

CNC machines only go through the motions

"There's no pleasing these serpents"......Lewis Carroll

Comment

Well done, it makes me happy to see that a once prized machine has become relevant again, I’ve seen many many machines in the scrap yard to be “balled”
      that’s the process the metal recovery plant (MR plant) used to make scrap fit in the charging box in the steel plant, it consisted of dropping a 15 ton steel ball bearing on the “victim” using a magnet crane from about 30’ high, somthing used to jump inside me as the ball dropped, really good machines, some almost new if liquidators had bought a factory for scrap, tragic and needless imho I insisted they should have been sold non smashed , it was about then I discovered that everything is a consumable in the persuit of money, including people.
      I hope the old girl will turn (pun) out some good work (how much does it take up the spout, aka headstock bore diameter, if it’s big you can make a tidy living re roding hydraulic cylinders I have to put 2 out soon, probably over a grand for the 2, maybe more and basic work but I can’t fit them on my lathe, )
      mark

Comment

O Doozer é do contra e vai dizer mal de certeza
        Helder Ferreira
        Setubal, Portugal

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
          Good work! I bet you will like it, it's a "REAL" lathe! Even Doozer would have to admit that.

You can do a lot of good work on a worn lathe. I know, because that's the only kind I have ever worked with! I agree with the advice to use it and see how it is. If you do not turn long things, even a very worn lathe can be just fine.
          Thanks so much for the encouragement.
          Vitَria, Brazil

Comment

Originally posted by Noitoen View Post
            O Doozer é do contra e vai dizer mal de certeza
            Infelizmente, isso é a verdade. Tem hora em que tenho receio postar aqui por causa das críticas que a gente recebe.
            Vitَria, Brazil

Comment

Originally posted by davidwdyer View Post

Infelizmente, isso é a verdade. Tem hora em que tenho receio postar aqui por causa das críticas que a gente recebe.
              Usa o velho ditado "Os cães ladram mas a caravana passa" Na minha opinião, há aqueles que fazem coisas e há aqueles que dizem que fazem.
              Helder Ferreira
              Setubal, Portugal

Comment

Originally posted by Noitoen View Post

Usa o velho ditado "Os cães ladram mas a caravana passa" Na minha opinião, há aqueles que fazem coisas e há aqueles que dizem que fazem.
                Ta.
                Vitَria, Brazil

Comment

Working...
                X