number of poles on a 3phase motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Noitoen View Post

The rectifier is in the motor connection box so you must feed 220v~ to those wires
    My point was the brake connection was marked 220v~ ?

Comment

Originally posted by MaxHeadRoom View Post
      My point was the brake connection was marked 220v~ ?
      They mention the voltage to feed the brake. The motor is 380v, 3 phase star and you can connect to one phase and the star connection or 220v 3 phase delta and again you connect the brake to two of the supply phases. In both cases the brake's rectifier will receive 220v~.

In reality the brake is around 100 VDC that is the result of the half wave rectifier's output. The manufacturer doesn't feel the need to mention this detail but it´s usually stamped on the brake coil's casing.
      Helder Ferreira
      Setubal, Portugal

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post

Thank you for explaining it so this ignorant guy could understand it.
        No problem Black Forest . It is not ignorance it is simply not your specialty so you do not know the details. Another thing that made some of us stumble are the terms used. In the US the three phase voltage is refered to by the phase to phase voltage not the phase to neutral voltage. You did the best thing... You asked a question! The answers bounced around a bit, but that is the nature of a forum. Sorting the information is a skill to be proud of 😁.
        Robin

Happily working on my second million Gave up on the first

Comment

Originally posted by rdfeil View Post

No problem Black Forest . It is not ignorance it is simply not your specialty
          There is nothing wrong with "Ignorance" , it is easily corrected by education. The real problem is "Stupidity", it, UN-fortunately seems to be permanent. :-)
          ...lew...

Comment

Originally posted by Lew Hartswick View Post

There is nothing wrong with "Ignorance" , it is easily corrected by education. The real problem is "Stupidity", it, UN-fortunately seems to be permanent. :-)
            ...lew...
            Lew Hartswick , I agree 100%, but I dislike the word ignorance as it seems to be used WAY to much. I always stand by the opinion that the only dumb or stupid question is the one not asked. Now when I get asked the same question many times by the same person I begin to wonder about my last statement......
            Robin

Happily working on my second million Gave up on the first

Comment

Yea There is so much BAD education these days the term gets used inappropriately, like so many other words. :-(
              ...lew...

Comment

Originally posted by rdfeil View Post
                the only dumb or stupid question is the one not asked. Now when I get asked the same question many times by the same person I begin to wonder about my last statement......
                Yeah, "No stupid questions" is just too glib. There are stupid questions. As there are stupid people, who can be expected to ask stupid questions. Even unstupid people can ask stupid questions, in a moment of mental fog.

Comment

Perhaps instead of "ignorant", use the term "uninformed". There is also "willful ignorance", which may be worst of all.

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know, and I don't care.
                  http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                  Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                  USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Gentlemen, I used ignorant in my post to be kind to myself but in reality I am probably stupid! Though I might not be stupid because I know I am dumb so that at least makes me one step ahead of the truly stupid because they don't know they are stupid.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                    X