No announcement yet.

Fast Orange gel with pumice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't use any of the orange based products. The ethoxylated alchohols, lanolin and paraffin solvents don't cause me any problems, but the D-limonene (from the orange oil) causes severe conact dermatitis on my hands and arms.
    Location- Rugby, Warwickshire. UK

Comment

I am another for Fast Orange with pumice. It's also great for paint projects using stain or varnish.

Sarge41

Comment

Originally posted by psomero View Post
        I used fast orange to do the first pass cleaning on a really dirty surface plate I acquired for work recently. That worked awesome
        Yes! Put it on and let it soak for 5-10 minutes then go at it. The gritty pumice works very well when scrubbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Krager View Post
          For me, one of the fastest (and cheapest) hand cleaners for removing all kinds of grime including heavy grease and embedded metal fines is Dawn dish soap scrubbed with a kitchen type Scotchbrite pad. I keep a dispenser on the utility sink and one shot with warm water to spread around a bit, then a once over with the pad.
          Ditto. I find just a tiny amount of water really helps the Dawn get the oil and grease up. I have both a scotchbrite pad and a stiff bristle brush, and I find the brush and Dawn really clean out the low spots in the fingerprints and the edges of the nails.

Comment

I had one mechanic told me if you put a few drops of Dawn on your hands and rubbed it in a bit then wiped your hands then the soap was already there and then the dirt washed right out. Never tried it but I know he did.

Comment

I like the Orange cleaners. Mine turned to liquid because I bought too much and didnt use it Fast enough. I use Dawn for light stuff because that is what is at the kitchen sink and it works..

For really imbedded grime I have been using Comet (not ajax) for the last 40 years. JR

Comment

I use Go-Joe with orange and pumice, won't buy it anymore doesn't work that well. I have to use liquid Dial with it for it to work well.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
                  I ordered some of the Fast Orange gel with pumice..
                  Normally I use Kresto, which is the best hand cleaner that I have found for old greasy machinery, but isn't commonly available.

After I ran out of Kresto I picked up a jug of the FO gel with pumice and have been nothing but disappointed. I'm going back to Kresto and stocking up. YMMV I suppose it depends what you need to clean off of your hands.

http://www.krestohandcleaner.com/kre...ner-87045.html

Comment

If I know ahead of time I use Dawn like a hand cream. Get it under the nails, rub it in and let it dry. Afterwards water and a brush, a bit more soap, it usually comes right off. Then Corn Huskers lotion. Otherwise Fast Orange or Goop usually work well enough.

Comment

I put it in my coffee in the morning.

Comment

I use organic hand cleaner............. fried chicken.
                        mark costello-Low speed steel

Comment

Best working stuff I've ever used is GoJo Power Gold. It's a little chemical smelly though. I usually wash with that then wash with plain hand soap afterwards. To be honest, most of the mechanics hand scrubs work pretty decently, but the Power Gold was the best in a working machine shop environment that I've ever tried. That's to say mixed grit, grime, mill scale, heavy old grease etc. Same as the other hand cleaners: use it without water until well scrubbed; then add a dash of water, scrub some more; dash more water, scrub some more, etc. until ready to rinse all the way. Starting out off the bat with water is just asking for a bad hand washing in my experience.

Comment

Kresto was made by stockhausen, using ground walnut shells as the grit. McMaster Carr carried it. I see they now offer Stocko heavy duty handcleaner in the same type of cartridge as kresto. Stockhausen was supposed to be the "GOJO" of Germany.

Comment

Morning Fresh dish washing liquid for me.
                              Nev.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Edwards View Post

Normally I use Kresto, which is the best hand cleaner that I have found for old greasy machinery, but isn't commonly available.

After I ran out of Kresto I picked up a jug of the FO gel with pumice and have been nothing but disappointed. I'm going back to Kresto and stocking up. YMMV I suppose it depends what you need to clean off of your hands.

http://www.krestohandcleaner.com/kre...ner-87045.html
                                That kresto stuff is the best I’ve used.

In HS one of my friends Dad had a small vehicle repair shop that we used to hang out at. His Dad kept a box of powder type laundry detergent at the wash sink, Tide if it was on sale, otherwise a generic brand. A small handful of detergent, a little water and start scrubbing. You could feel it heating up as you washed lol, but it did a fantastic job. No idea how bad or not bad it is for you…

Comment

Working...
                                X