Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fast Orange gel with pumice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I like Zep but it's expensive.

    Comment


    • #32
      Do you know why the orange cleaners work so well ? Just try and peel and orange when your hands are dirty.
      Larry - west coast of Canada

      Comment


      • #33
        One of the best hand cleaners I have ever used is Rath's PR Clean R made in Germany. One of the problems
        of having a small shop is that you're both management and a worker bee. I don't get so dirty now but in earlier
        years I was constantly washing my hands while moving from office to shop and back again and my hands took
        a beating. All of the hand cleaners I tried, including Fast Orange, left my hands dry and raw after multiple uses.
        Pumice is a great cleaner but it's tough on your skin if you use it a lot.

        Finding PR Clean R was a godsend because I could use it as often as needed and it never irritated my hands.
        It uses ground walnut shells which seem to provide just the right amount of abrasive action without irritating...

        https://www.der-ersatzteile-profi.de...niger-a3581955
        Last edited by LKeithR; 05-08-2022, 03:31 PM.
        Keith
        __________________________
        Just one project too many--that's what finally got him...

        Comment


        • #34
          When I worked at a battery store we used Tide powder (laundry detergent) and it worked really well!

          Comment


          • #35
            This stuff works pretty good, problem is I always for Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005[1].jpg
Views:	130
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	1999934 get to put it on ahead of time.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Stu View Post
              This stuff works pretty good, problem is I always for Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005[1].jpg
Views:	130
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	1999934 get to put it on ahead of time.
              Yeah, I have found it to work well also. I also have the same problem of forgetting to use it.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by LKeithR View Post
                One of the best hand cleaners I have ever used is Rath's PR Clean R made in Germany. One of the problems
                of having a small shop is that you're both management and a worker bee. I don't get so dirty now but in earlier
                years I was constantly washing my hands while moving from office to shop and back again and my hands took
                a beating. All of the hand cleaners I tried, including Fast Orange, left my hands dry and raw after multiple uses.
                Pumice is a great cleaner but it's tough on your skin if you use it a lot.

                Finding PR Clean R was a godsend because I could use it as often as needed and it never irritated my hands.
                It uses ground walnut shells which seem to provide just the right amount of abrasive action without irritating...

                https://www.der-ersatzteile-profi.de...niger-a3581955
                I just ordered some of this based on your recommendation. If it sucks I am sending you an invoice! I am finding the Fast Orange dries the skin on my hands out and I have to use hand cream after washing my hands. Or maybe my skin is getting abraded from the pumice. It cleans really well though. I think I will send A.K. Boomer an invoice for half of the cost of the Fast Orange. A.K. please provide me with a valid address that I can send the invoice to and no funny business and sending me Willy's address.
                Location: The Black Forest in Germany

                How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

                Comment


                • #38
                  In 1990 the Banite company, makers of DL hand cleaner, came out with the Fast Orange
                  line of biodegradable products. DL are the initials of David Lippman, who founded the
                  Buffalo company Banite in 1942. Loctite corp bought them out 1990 and marketed the
                  hand cleaner under the Permatex brand. I am unsure where the product is being
                  manufactured now. Maybe someone can chime in.

                  --Doozer
                  DZER

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by psomero View Post
                    I hadn't realized you're supposed to apply it and scrub before wetting your hands for best effect with certain brands, namely the fast orange stuff. Someone at work pointed it out recently and it made the stuff 10x better.

                    ..
                    This is what iv tried to stress before --- it's a very simple rule but if you don't do it - it won't work worth a damn,

                    It's oil attacking oil --- but if you mix water with it from the start then you screw up the chemistry...

                    you put enough on to cover and go to town and make sure you've taken it as far as you need too then rinse off with water and your done....

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Lots of hype with all those hand cleaners. Dish soap works well but leaves hands dry and cracked. An auto mechanic friend used clean motor oil with a good rub with a shop towel to get the deep dirt. He only lived into late 80s so it didn't harm him too much.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        It is rather scary how eating a Wopper and French fires
                        make grease stained mechanics hands surprisingly clean.

                        -D
                        DZER

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Black Forest View Post

                          I just ordered some of this based on your recommendation. If it sucks I am sending you an invoice! I am finding the Fast Orange dries the skin on my hands out and I have to use hand cream after washing my hands. Or maybe my skin is getting abraded from the pumice. It cleans really well though. I think I will send A.K. Boomer an invoice for half of the cost of the Fast Orange. A.K. please provide me with a valid address that I can send the invoice to and no funny business and sending me Willy's address.
                          Some seem to have trouble with it in this area, I seem to get by fine without problems and that's using it sometimes as much as a dozen times a day,,, but that also means allot of work and I WILL have trouble if i don't take precautions - it's allot of work and also pumice abrasion and the product most likely takes oils out of your skin in fact all products will if their are taking oily grime off,
                          The FO does try to replace oil's and even has healing vitamins and stuff...

                          Still --- anything over a half dozen washes a day and im using lotion at night before I go to bed....

                          if I remember to do that I generally don't have problems with the product AND doing to much work with my hands....

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Doozer View Post
                            It is rather scary how eating a Wopper and French fires make grease stained mechanics hands surprisingly clean.-D
                            Oh yes this! It can find dirt in your hands dating back to 1997.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Doozer View Post
                              and marketed the
                              hand cleaner under the Permatex brand. I am unsure where the product is being
                              manufactured now. Maybe someone can chime in.

                              --Doozer

                              The jug Fast Orange Microgel I have says: assembled in USA with US and global materials

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by deltap View Post
                                Lots of hype with all those hand cleaners. Dish soap works well but leaves hands dry and cracked. An auto mechanic friend used clean motor oil with a good rub with a shop towel to get the deep dirt. He only lived into late 80s so it didn't harm him too much.
                                Meh, I'd say dish soap works "okay" for me, but not well. Takes a lot of extra scrubbing with a brush or similar tool and repeated washings on heavily greasy/dirty hands to do as well as Power Gold. I have never had to do more than one washing and scrub only with hands when using it. Don't get dry and cracked hands from it either. That may be an individual thing - I've never really gotten dry and cracked hands from anything, including mineral spirits. (I use gloves these days; way back when, I used to wash all kinds of dirty nasty steel mill parts in a big solvent tank without gloves at one employer's shop).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X