Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nickel-city-fab
    replied
    At work I pre-wash in the parts washer to get the worst of it, then follow up with the Dawn dish liquid in the break room. Does a great job.

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied
    Originally posted by Doozer View Post
    I think I have a heart of steel.
    I am totally unaffected.

-D

Yeah,not just you Mr. JR

Leave a comment:

• The Metal Butcher
    replied
    Fast orange is such hot garbage. Absolutely works terribly. Very poor at removing graphite. Gojo creme on the other hand works wonders. If you hands are 90% clean the cream is a bit lacking, and fast orange is ok. But if your hands are black as night from a brake job, the creme will have them clean and smooth as a baby's bottom, but fast orange will leave black along the fingertips, nails, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Doozer
    replied
    I think I have a heart of steel.
    I am totally unaffected.

-D

Leave a comment:

• Michael Edwards
    replied
    Originally posted by Black Forest View Post

OK,,,,,,so who eats the pastry? I think I would pass.
    Mr McFurrypants

Leave a comment:

• Black Forest
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark Rand View Post

Father in law used to swear by making pastry. It cleans all the embedded dirt out of your hands and fingernails.
    OK,,,,,,so who eats the pastry? I think I would pass.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Rand
    replied
    It is rather scary how eating a Wopper and French fires
    make grease stained mechanics hands surprisingly clean.

-D
    Father in law used to swear by making pastry. It cleans all the embedded dirt out of your hands and fingernails.

Leave a comment:

• eKretz
    replied
    Originally posted by deltap View Post
    Lots of hype with all those hand cleaners. Dish soap works well but leaves hands dry and cracked. An auto mechanic friend used clean motor oil with a good rub with a shop towel to get the deep dirt. He only lived into late 80s so it didn't harm him too much.
    Meh, I'd say dish soap works "okay" for me, but not well. Takes a lot of extra scrubbing with a brush or similar tool and repeated washings on heavily greasy/dirty hands to do as well as Power Gold. I have never had to do more than one washing and scrub only with hands when using it. Don't get dry and cracked hands from it either. That may be an individual thing - I've never really gotten dry and cracked hands from anything, including mineral spirits. (I use gloves these days; way back when, I used to wash all kinds of dirty nasty steel mill parts in a big solvent tank without gloves at one employer's shop).

Leave a comment:

• Michael Edwards
    replied
    and marketed the
    hand cleaner under the Permatex brand. I am unsure where the product is being
    manufactured now. Maybe someone can chime in.

--Doozer

The jug Fast Orange Microgel I have says: assembled in USA with US and global materials

Leave a comment:

• I make chips
    replied
    It is rather scary how eating a Wopper and French fires make grease stained mechanics hands surprisingly clean.-D
    Oh yes this! It can find dirt in your hands dating back to 1997.

Leave a comment:

• A.K. Boomer
    replied
    Originally posted by Black Forest View Post

I just ordered some of this based on your recommendation. If it sucks I am sending you an invoice! I am finding the Fast Orange dries the skin on my hands out and I have to use hand cream after washing my hands. Or maybe my skin is getting abraded from the pumice. It cleans really well though. I think I will send A.K. Boomer an invoice for half of the cost of the Fast Orange. A.K. please provide me with a valid address that I can send the invoice to and no funny business and sending me Willy's address.
    Some seem to have trouble with it in this area, I seem to get by fine without problems and that's using it sometimes as much as a dozen times a day,,, but that also means allot of work and I WILL have trouble if i don't take precautions - it's allot of work and also pumice abrasion and the product most likely takes oils out of your skin in fact all products will if their are taking oily grime off,
    The FO does try to replace oil's and even has healing vitamins and stuff...

Still --- anything over a half dozen washes a day and im using lotion at night before I go to bed....

if I remember to do that I generally don't have problems with the product AND doing to much work with my hands....

Leave a comment:

• Doozer
    replied
    It is rather scary how eating a Wopper and French fires
    make grease stained mechanics hands surprisingly clean.

-D

Leave a comment:

• deltap
    replied
    Lots of hype with all those hand cleaners. Dish soap works well but leaves hands dry and cracked. An auto mechanic friend used clean motor oil with a good rub with a shop towel to get the deep dirt. He only lived into late 80s so it didn't harm him too much.

Leave a comment:

• A.K. Boomer
    replied
    Originally posted by psomero View Post
    I hadn't realized you're supposed to apply it and scrub before wetting your hands for best effect with certain brands, namely the fast orange stuff. Someone at work pointed it out recently and it made the stuff 10x better.

This is what iv tried to stress before --- it's a very simple rule but if you don't do it - it won't work worth a damn,

It's oil attacking oil --- but if you mix water with it from the start then you screw up the chemistry...

you put enough on to cover and go to town and make sure you've taken it as far as you need too then rinse off with water and your done....

Leave a comment:

• Doozer
    replied
    In 1990 the Banite company, makers of DL hand cleaner, came out with the Fast Orange
    line of biodegradable products. DL are the initials of David Lippman, who founded the
    Buffalo company Banite in 1942. Loctite corp bought them out 1990 and marketed the
    hand cleaner under the Permatex brand. I am unsure where the product is being
    manufactured now. Maybe someone can chime in.

--Doozer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X