No announcement yet.

OT, The annoying things some content creators do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good content and balance take a certain level of creativity that most don't have! A good video is short enough to get to the point while keeping the viewer engaged. I find myself scrolling through the ones that are bad trying to find the good parts or to just get to the end 😂
    Ontario, Canada

Comment

There's a certain thing that pisses me off when I see it, it's usually a build video and it's when things suddenly go into slow motion, sometimes i tmight speed up first, then go slow-mo and some music overlay.... It's over produced. I stopped watching TV because I got tired of all the fake over produced stuff and I liked the more down to earth nature of youtubers. Unfortunately as things grow and turn into serious business they also loose that special quality and they also lose their trustworthyness.

Comment

My high school English teacher summarized it well. He said "It (your English assignment) should be like a girl's dress. Short enough to be interesting, but long enough to cover the subject."
        Kansas City area

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
          Really quite simple to avoid this short list of annoying things.
          1) Blast music in the video, even muting the sound of the subject for the crappy music. People want to hear what the subject sounds like running.

2) Overly long and strange intro segment. Please think of those people with slow internet or pressed for time, no one is as excited for your intro than yourself.

3) Horrible audio quality. Poor video is much more forgiveable than poor audio. Wear a mic.

4) Pointless video that should be edited out, isn't edited out. If you can't use a video editor program, you have no business making videos for public consumption.
          All good points RB.

My pet peeve is lousy audio. Joe P is one of the biggest violators of that. His audio always sounds like the microphone is in the next room.

I was once looking on Youtube for reviews for skid plates for my Suzuki DR650 dual sport motorcycle. I found a video of a big fat guy installing a skid plate under his own bike, while lying in his driveway, with the camera pointing at the back of his head the whole time. You couldn't see what he was doing, nor could you hear anything he was saying because he was using the camera mic which was also behind his head. I wish I would've thought to look and see what comments he got. Would've been a chuckle I'm sure.
          Last edited by jmarkwolf; 05-10-2022, 09:34 AM.

Comment

I don't know why we put up with any of this anymore.....I want my money back!
            in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

class action lawsuit

Comment

I imagine you could critique anything in life like that.
                What cracks me up is people on a forum pizzin' & moanin' about what they get for free!
                Not all creators are going to be a Steven Spielberg.
                Len

Comment

Originally posted by Len View Post
                  I imagine you could critique anything in life like that.
                  What cracks me up is people on a forum pizzin' & moanin' about what they get for free!
                  Not all creators are going to be a Steven Spielberg.
                  It's not free. I'm either paying 15$ a month for YouTube premium to avoid adds, or I am giving them my priceless time to watch adds, and most channels are being paid ever so slightly for it. So I will complain about the **** channels because my time isn't free

Comment

Ok I'll do one of the few things I'm good at. Bitching...
                    Definitely the loud music. The other click it off pisser is videos where the person is hyped up and borderline yelling for dramatic effect.

I'm back to being Mr. Nice. Which should last for 30 seconds.

Comment

It's not free. I'm either paying 15$ a month
                      You might be happier with an ad blocker or Brave
                      in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post

You might be happier with an ad blocker or Brave
                        That doesn't prevent the overt advertising, "This video sponsored by Shill Share....."

Comment

For what it is worth Doc, I like your videos
                          -Thank you.

I'm just starting out, so I sure can't say my stuff is any grand Kubrickian vision or anything. But generally speaking, I try to make a video that I, personally, would want to watch. I have an idea of what I'd like to show (as well-shot and edited as Clickspring, as funny as one of the better This Old Tony's, as interesting as Project Binky, etc. - hey, it gives me something to shoot for ) but obviously I need more practice and experience.

Doc.
                          Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

Originally posted by Toolguy View Post
                            My high school English teacher summarized it well. He said "It (your English assignment) should be like a girl's dress. Short enough to be interesting, but long enough to cover the subject."

That may be the best analogy in the history of analogies!
                            Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

It's not free. I'm either paying 15$ a month for YouTube premium to avoid adds, or I am giving them my priceless time to watch adds, and most channels are being paid ever so slightly for it. So I will complain about the **** channels because my time isn't free
                              And you freely choose to watch it.
                              They disbanded the YouTube Enforcement Squad so they won't make you watch.
                              Len

Comment

Originally posted by Len View Post

And you freely choose to watch it.
                                They disbanded the YouTube Enforcement Squad so they won't make you watch.
                                So what is your point? Did you know the creators get more money from views from people like me who subscribe to premium? So I don’t get your original comment complaining about the complainers. I can be critical of the annoying channels and the good channels get my views and part of my subscription.

Comment

Working...
                                X