Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT, The annoying things some content creators do

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    What gets me is when someone says the same damn thing 5 different was about what they're going to do, instead of saying it *once* and then just doing it.
    Also: completely uneducated hacks spreading old wives tales.
    25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Doc Nickel View Post

      -Music tastes are purely a personal thing. If I left the stereo on while I was recording some of my videos, you'd hear snippets of "death metal" too- or perhaps more accurately, heavy metal, 'progressive' metal and even some of the old 'hair' metal (Ozzy, Judas Priest, etc.)
      Thought you might get a chuckle out of this. A few years ago a early-20's firefighter and I were working on one of the firetrucks. We had the music going, and we took turns choosing the music. A guy I knew vaguely came in while we were listening to my choice - Cradle of Filth "The Death of Love". He went into the office, and he came back out while we were listening to the young guy's choice - some mellow stuff that sounded like Bing Crosby on 'luudes. The visitor looked at me and said "Your music is a lot better than the crap he was playing earlier." The young firefighter and I both burst out laughing.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post
        What gets me is when someone says the same damn thing 5 different was about what they're going to do, instead of saying it *once* and then just doing it.
        Also: completely uneducated hacks spreading old wives tales.
        Repeating themselves describes Steve Watkins.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by RB211 View Post
          Really quite simple to avoid this short list of annoying things.content creators
          Yeah you know what for me?

          These fukin yuppies talking about what they dont like about this chit. "content creators "

          And yet? They talk about it.

          I guess I just dont get it. JR

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by JRouche View Post

            Yeah you know what for me?

            These fukin yuppies talking about what they dont like about this chit. "content creators "

            And yet? They talk about it.

            I guess I just dont get it. JR
            I wish I was still young, but compared to most of you, I am...

            Comment


            • #51
              OK, I actually do have a beef with creators who rely solely on the audio recording on the camera
              and stand far enough away so you can't hear a damn thing they say.
              Probably not missing much anyway as most of them talk far more than my listening capacity.
              Len

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Len View Post
                OK, I actually do have a beef with creators who rely solely on the audio recording on the camera
                and stand far enough away so you can't hear a damn thing they say.
                Probably not missing much anyway as most of them talk far more than my listening capacity.
                That is an instant thumbs down, and a "Do not recommend channel in the future"

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by JRouche View Post
                  These fukin yuppies talking about what they dont like about this chit. "content creators "

                  And yet? They talk about it.

                  I guess I just dont get it.
                  -In my case, I talk about it because I want it to be better.

                  Not only my own stuff, which is never going to break any particular records but I still want to make as good as I'm capable of, but also other guys' stuff. All too many 'Tubers, as has already been noted, do things that are less to improve or expand the quality of the video itself, and more to simply "game the algorithm", and make more money per video, without actually putting in any extra effort.

                  There are a number of YT channels that I like and follow with some regularity, but even the "top" guys (in my opinion) do things I think could be better. Clickspring's shorts are, frankly, too short. This Old Tony spends too much time talking about chainsaws and dampened hinges, and not enough time talking about his CNC mill, the CNC router, and so on. Project Binky takes WAY too damn long between episodes. I stopped watching Alec Steele when a full third of each video became paid promotional content.

                  Etc, etc. etc.

                  Doc.
                  Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Turning the comments off is one things that will drive me away from a channel. The comment section is often (for the stuff I watch) a great resource and discussion. I often learn as much, or more, from some good comments on the video. Some people are just beyond any sort of criticism though.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      I used to watch Adam Booth, but gave up on him when it turned into infomercials for all the free/reduced price equipment he is getting. When he was doing one-offs of interesting jobs, they were interesting. I have not looked lately, maybe they have gotten better.
                      I have been watching CEE in Australia..Pretty well done ( I could do with out the dog bits) and I won't be repairing much mining equipment, but it is interesting to see how he comes up with some out of the box solutions. Also, everything is manual, like the equipment that I have, only his is bigger. And I like his accent!!
                      Grantham, New Hampshire

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Geez, you guys are complaining about amateur productions, what about the blanketyblank producers for the major studios that have the music so loud you cannot understand the actors?

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by JRouche View Post

                          Yeah you know what for me?

                          These fukin yuppies talking about what they dont like about this chit. "content creators "

                          And yet? They talk about it.

                          I guess I just dont get it. JR
                          Is there still such a thing as a yuppie?

                          I mean, there WAS, in the 1980s, but they all got too old, too broke, or turned into multi-millionaires.
                          CNC machines only go through the motions

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            I just found this thread and wow I'm guilty of a lot of things mentioned here so Ill try and do better. I was thinking about getting a mic I have cut music to a minimum but I do not cut out a lot of content I usually fast forward. I'm off to look for a wireless mic.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by J Tiers View Post

                              Is there still such a thing as a yuppie?

                              I mean, there WAS, in the 1980s, but they all got too old, too broke, or turned into multi-millionaires.
                              Hahaa. Yes, around here you cant spit without hitting one. Yuppie was maybe the wrong term? BMW driving, skinny jean wearing snobs'. How bout that hahaa.. JR

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Corbettprime View Post
                                Geez, you guys are complaining about amateur productions, what about the blanketyblank producers for the major studios that have the music so loud you cannot understand the actors?
                                I don't watch the professionals, I find stuff made for the mainstream insults my intelligence, is uninteresting content, and almost always injects someone's political narrative.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X